04-29-2015, 09:45 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Bullgoose Shaving received a very limited supply of Le Pere Lucien Rose Shaving Soap. This will not last long so grab a tin while you can.

Le Pere Lucien Rose Shaving Soap

46 18,074
 04-30-2015, 06:55 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I get woken periodically with AMBER ALERTS on my cellphone. My favourite opera was interrupted with a flood warning in inaccessible mountains 100 miles as the crow flies. I had no less than THREE cults in a shoving match at my door ( they left when I appeared skyclad with a glass of champagne).
I wake up, check YAHOO NEWS and then TSN and find the soap is already SOLD OUT in under 9 hours while I slept.

2 3,171
 04-30-2015, 08:25 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
Sorry Kav. I was only able to secure a handful and knew they would not last long.

46 18,074
 04-30-2015, 08:35 AM
User Info
I guess I just got lucky then.  Biggrin Ordered! (Wish it were the 200g tin  Sad )

39 3,873
 04-30-2015, 09:23 AM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
(04-30-2015, 08:35 AM)primotenore Wrote: I guess I just got lucky then.  Biggrin Ordered! (Wish it were the 200g tin  Sad )

+1

43 1,063
 04-30-2015, 11:00 AM
User Info
You guys are in for a treat great scent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 04-30-2015, 11:11 AM
User Info
Congrats to the fellas that were able to score the Rose scent!

95 2,586
 04-30-2015, 01:24 PM
User Info
Quote:I wake up, check YAHOO NEWS and then TSN and find the soap is already SOLD OUT in under 9 hours while I slept.

+1. I guess those of us on the West Coast are at a real disadvantage (called sleeping) when limited items are posted in the morning, Eastern time.  I hope the same thing doesn't happen with the coming TSN LE items.

Congrats to those who scored in this case.

4 100
 04-30-2015, 01:26 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
There will be ample notice given prior to actual release of TSN LE items, as has been done before. Wink

102 18,552
 04-30-2015, 01:35 PM
User Info
This is hard to get soap. Congrats to Phil and Bullgoose and the ones that were ready for making it happen!

21 1,175
 04-30-2015, 02:07 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(04-30-2015, 01:24 PM)ChampagneGary2 Wrote:
Quote:I wake up, check YAHOO NEWS and then TSN and find the soap is already SOLD OUT in under 9 hours while I slept.

+1. I guess those of us on the West Coast are at a real disadvantage (called sleeping) when limited items are posted in the morning, Eastern time.  I hope the same thing doesn't happen with the coming TSN LE items.

Congrats to those who scored in this case.

Those on the West coast were actually at an advantage. It was only 10:45 PM here...it was 1:45 AM on the East Coast. 

46 18,074
 04-30-2015, 04:07 PM
User Info
Quote:Those on the West coast were actually at an advantage. It was only 10:45 PM here...it was 1:45 AM on the East Coast. 

Yes,  I probably have been advantaged myself in a BST posting that was made after the East Coast had turned in.  I'm not suggesting that an individual or vendor needs to make sure everyone has a fair shot (although that would be ideal) at an item. After all, their purpose for posting is to sell their item or items.  In part, I was laughing along with Kav about the necessity of being on top of a hot item.  "You snooze... you lose".

Part of my concern was brought on by the recent TSN SE soap & brush announcements.  I"m afraid I'm getting caught up in the hype too, and the item details haven't even been announced.  Looking at the history of the last SE (CRSW Paradise) from the forum postings, the official announcement came a full two weeks before the release (Jan 1 vs. Jan 15) which is advance notice.  The "now available" posting was at 4:08 am (PST) on Jan 15 (7:08 am EST). 

The CRSW lasted for over a week, so the timing of the release wasn't a problem for anyone (unless they went to Timbuktu for a couple of weeks).  The new SEs may not have a supply/demand problem either, who knows?  The price of the brush may keep the demand below the 100 pieces... or not, but the early hype is there.  I hope I don't have to explain to my wife that I'm getting up at 4am to order a shaving brush.  She'll know I'm nutso!

I am truly impressed by the TSN community and especially to those who have had the vision and passion to provide the rest of us with such special items  and a great place to discuss our favorite hobby.  Thanks.

4 100
 04-30-2015, 05:08 PM
User Info
I missed out. Oh well.... I've got enough soap to last a long, long while. I must admit that I have a very limited appreciation for limited editions of anything. I don't want to fall in love with some soap or razor blades that I'll never be able to get again.

It's different with hardware -- gosh, that's yours forever, but when that limited edition soap is finished, or those wonderful antique Schick blades are gone, you're heartbroke.

No....not for me. I don't want to use a soap (however wonderful) or blade that will set me up for disappointment from now on. The NOS is only a turn-on for me if it's hardware -- something I can have from now on.

my 2 cents
Euro

5 395
 05-01-2015, 01:19 AM
User Info
Had it in my cart and waited to long and sold out Sad Gotta be on the ball.

49 356
 05-01-2015, 06:51 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I think the solution for these limited runs is to make them regular items. I see patterns of quiet classics all to often ignored with our bountiful selections. We seem to be  more yogurt stand 'flavour of the day'  than settle down with vanilla sometimes.ROSE seems to be one and I've never been disappointed in my few items ..Gertrude Stein was right. 

2 3,171
 05-01-2015, 07:12 AM
User Info
It's like the McRib Smile  if it's there all the time it doesn't make it as special. Seasonal soaps have always boggled my mind also, but ingredients and sourcing those is usually the culprit it many things that are limited.

49 356