04-30-2015, 12:26 PM
User Info
Before anyone starts yelling "Wimp," let me say I love rich, bold coffee-hot and black!  Period.  Problem is:  over the past 15 years caffeine no longer gets along with me; but finding a really good decaf equivalent's been a bit of a challenge (other than some big name brands I won't mention.)   My ideal would be a coffee roasted in small batches by a really talented artisan. 

Suggestions?

2 586
 05-09-2015, 10:28 AM
  • Jovan
  • Banned
  • Traveling USA
User Info
To find a DECAF is tough.  One place that has a great decaf that would fit the bill is OLD SOUL COFFEE in Sacramento California.  However, you need to call early and ask for the ZOCOLOFT Restaurant DECAF.  Only some employees will sell it and only in the a.m.  Other than that I have not found a decaf.  For regular try EQUATOR COFFEE in San Fran (internet site) and try either the French Laundry or Per Se (Thomas Keller restaurant coffees) for a really nice cup of coffee.  Shipping is honest and they will roast it the day you order it.  Skip the decaf.

2 479
 05-09-2015, 10:33 AM
User Info
Thanks much. I wish I could skip the decaf, but caffeine gives me the shakes, which ain't a good thing in my business. :-) I'll give them a call.

2 586
 05-15-2015, 11:07 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
La Colombe Monte Carlo

George Howell Decaf Coffees (George Howell has done more to bring 'real' coffee to America, and to the forefront, than any other person in America. Period.

12 607
 06-12-2015, 05:40 PM
User Info
I second La Colombe.  They are a unique coffee roaster from Philadelphia and offer a few variations of decafe coffee.  Here is a video of Todd (one of the owners) discussing how to create cold brew coffee.

0 229
 06-12-2015, 05:43 PM
User Info
Redbird coffee out of Montana is what you want. Their decaf is intoxicating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

64 337
 07-25-2015, 03:17 PM
User Info
Hands down some of the best coffee I have had.  Here is their decaf:

Decaf Brazil Bourbon (Water Process)

http://www.carabellocoffee.com/collectio...il-bourbon

I drink their caffeinated coffees all the time and the owners are really great people

4 465
 08-04-2015, 06:09 PM
User Info
How about Decaf that is low acid? I know the darker the roast the less the acid.
Alan

1 52