04-30-2015, 02:56 PM
User Info
I have been DE shaving for a long while. I am starting to experiment. I am trying to shave less than everyday. I am still new enough to this, but I'm getting a bit bored with the usual.

Been shaving everyday to experience the thrill of new stuff--razors, blades,soaps & creams, etc. Recently, I had a situation that kept me from my razor for a few days. That first shave after a few days off was SUCH a revelation...I am feelin' the power of traditional wet shaving BIGTIME!

So..............are you skipping a day (or six) shaving? Are you experiencing the "wonderful shave" phenomenon after the hiatus? Ain't it great -- that first shave after a break? Are you trotting your BIG GUN razors out for a spin? Do you have extraordinary shaving challenges?

Tell us all about it...
Euro

5 395
 04-30-2015, 04:31 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Work requires a shave 6 days a week. I haven't had a few days off from shaving in quite some time. And yes, i love the shave after a day off.

7 2,127
 04-30-2015, 04:50 PM
User Info
I personally always look forward to November. I know it sort of seems cliché for Movember. But yes at the end of the month it feels great to get the dirty bird scuttle out put some hot water in it and go to town wackin down the stubble. Here and there between November though at most I take 2 days off max. I absolutely love my de or straight razor shaves. I look forward to them. It's a passion with me. 

4 208
 04-30-2015, 05:14 PM
User Info
I haven't missed a day since I started this journey almost four years ago! I don't foresee myself skipping a day! With my coarse and fast-growing beard, I don't like the way I look and feel even with one day's worth of stubble! It feels like I haven't accomplished one of my most important tasks in my day if I don't shave.   Biggrin
Besides, I might be addicted to the scents of my favourite soaps and to face-lathering!  Blush

82 21,077
 04-30-2015, 05:15 PM
User Info
got my new vanity top installed today and can finally get back into my own den to shave. now for the tile and shower.

73 1,295
 04-30-2015, 05:16 PM
User Info
I shave every day. Monday through Friday work requires that I shave. On weekends I have more time for a longer, leisurely, luxurious shave. However, I would still shave every day if I didn't work because I enjoy the ritual.

50 6,057
 04-30-2015, 07:33 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Skipping a shave is like wearing the same pair of briefs for 3 days.

2 3,171
 04-30-2015, 11:55 PM
User Info
I don't shave on my days off, two reasons for this, it gives my skin a complete break and my partner likes a bit of stubble. I have to be clean shaven for work so every working day I shave.

4 642
 05-01-2015, 02:26 AM
User Info
I do every other day due to my growth and my schedule. Here in a few weeks though I'm going to start everyday considering I have a ton of software and hardware I haven't got to yet.

49 356
 05-01-2015, 02:44 PM
User Info
I too shave every day except Saturdays when the wife has me doing numerous tasks for the family. Although I probably could go two days without shaving -- the beard becomes most noticeable by the third day -- I simply enjoy "playing" with my "toys" on a daily basis. Generating a rich and creamy lather in my bowl, enjoying the sensation as I work the lather onto my face, and then gliding my DE razor across my skin are "me time" activities which, after discounting the initial cost to purchase brush, razor, bowl and soap, is a nominal expense for daily enjoyment. I feel sorry for those whose skin becomes inflammed or irritated after shaving. Thank God, mine does not. I love the feel and smell of my skin after shaving. So does the wife.

0 43
 05-01-2015, 10:46 PM
User Info
I'm in a bit of a burnout mode. I like shaving better now than I did before when I was using carts exclusively, but I'm less enthusiastic about it now. It is still shaving after all. I was mostly excited about the soaps and creams and razors and such. I still buy and trade those things, but less so than I did a year ago. I really wish I could find a Cobra so that I could get bored with that next. 

I shave once every 2-3 days usually. I work for myself and I'm single, so no excuse other than I prefer to do it that way.

4 63
 05-02-2015, 12:04 AM
User Info
(04-30-2015, 07:33 PM)kav Wrote: Skipping a shave is like wearing the same pair of briefs for 3 days.

Yep,  I totally agree Rolleyes . It's not as if this happens to some guys......

[Image: fo2.jpg]

0 280