05-01-2015, 11:05 AM
User Info
After a month of using only Proraso Green soap, splash, and balm, my skin was looking great.  

I unpacked my MdC and Myrsol Agua Balsamica and went on to shave.  I noticed a little bit of redness after the shave but thought, I'll try it again.  Shaved with it again the next day.  Woke today, full blown contact dermatitis again!  Luckily I still have some cream that the Dermatologist gave me, so it shouldn't get a bad as before.  I did notice that the MdC seems to "burn" a little bit while I'm face lathering.  I guess that should have been my clue right there!

As much as I LOVE this combo, the scents are just wonderful together, I think it's time that I stopped using them both  Sad .  I guess I'll be having a PIF with them soon. 

------------------------------------------------------

I went to the dermatologist today.  He said it's contact dermatitis.  Basically I came in contact with something that my skin didn't like.  He gave me some cream that is supposed to clear it up quickly.  He also suggested that I stick with one soap and one splash for a week.  If in that time, the rash doesn't come back, then we can assume that it's OK.  Then move onto another soap/AS combo and see.  Continue on until I go through all my soaps/splashes.

So, this afternoon, I'm starting with a week of MdC and Myrsol Agua Balsamica.  I sure hope this isn't the problem since I LOVE this combo!!!!

--------------------------------------------------

A few days ago I started getting this rash on my neck and cheeks.  I had to stop shaving due to the irritation.  I haven't started using anything new, same old soaps and aftershaves I've been using. At first I thought it was razor burn, because it kind of looked like that.  When I did have razor burn, a little shea butter overnight and it was gone the next day.  Not this stuff.  Shea butter just makes it even brighter red!

I have a dermatologist appointment on Monday morning.  Hopefully they can tell me what it is?  Not shaving is KILLING ME!

[Image: mamDZjk.jpg]

21 555
 05-01-2015, 11:18 AM
User Info
Does it:

-Have irritation to the touch?
-Burn at all when not touched?
-Anything else change such as soaps, face washes, laundry detergents?  

49 356
 05-01-2015, 12:53 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Looks like a rash Tongue

Brian, maybe you touched something in the environment and then you absent-mindedly touched your skin. It's probably an allergic reaction to sonething.

Heal quickly  Smile

7 2,142
 05-01-2015, 01:23 PM
User Info
Thanks gentlemen.  The more I've "played doctor" on the internet, the more it looks like an allergic reaction to something?  Hopefully it goes away on it's own!  If not, I've got an appointment with the dermatologist Monday morning.  I may look like Grisly Adams by then though! Sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100  

21 555
 05-01-2015, 03:08 PM
User Info
Good luck, Brian! 

83 21,077
 05-01-2015, 05:47 PM
User Info
(05-01-2015, 12:53 PM)chazt Wrote: Looks like a rash Tongue

Brian, maybe you touched something in the environment and then you absent-mindedly touched your skin. It's probably an allergic reaction to sonething.

Heal quickly  Smile

+1

I bet you touched some sort of irritant, and then touched your face. Best to leave diagnosis to a pro though. Good call on going to see a dermatologist.

0 1,071
 05-01-2015, 07:31 PM
User Info
My neck looked like that after I went to the driving range.   The evening was muggy so I was sweating.  So by looking down at the ball it caused my neck to sweat.  

3 218
 05-01-2015, 09:21 PM
User Info
I hope you're all healed up soon.  That's definitely no fun.  Hopefully the dermatologist can get it straightened out in short order.  

I also understand your frustration with not being able to shave.  I look forward to my shave every night.

0 37
 05-03-2015, 12:07 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Sometimes body chemistry changes and what you once used, you can no longer use.  This generally happens without warning.  I had that problem with several after shaves that I once used.

178 23,809
 05-03-2015, 02:20 AM
User Info
See your doctor. I like cortisone cream on my rashes and treated myself when I had a similar problem. Take my opinion, I am  a  GP.
Skin care is very important, and usually not discussed.  It is not just what you take in addition as a prescription to improve your skin but what products you use for daily hygiene. After shaving for some time with modern high performance soap I was developing these problems. So I skipped coconut based soaps altogether and stay  with tallow based soaps, also for body hygiene. You have to check what exact products you will use.I use the most primitive tallow soap for body care, Kernseife it is called in German. It costs  less than any other soap and is usually found in the household cleaning goods section. My skin has never been better. You have some buildup but you can use other soapsonce in a while if you use some of this after it.
I did have to use cortisone as a cream and as oral medicine  for my initial rashes to disappear fast.
This is likely allergy-_triggered_ what you have there, however making it easy, really easy for your skin made all the difference to me. No sensitive skin in the first place, anymore!

Philipp

21 1,175
 05-03-2015, 06:30 AM
User Info
I was thinking back to what has changed. The only thing I can think of is I used a new (to me) Gillette Tech that was gold plated. I've always used the nickel plated Techs before. This started showing up around the third shave with that gold razor.

I guess it could have something to do with that? I don't wear any gold jewelry, so I can't see if I'm effected anywhere else.

21 555
 05-03-2015, 07:04 AM
User Info
Gold itself is very rarely allergen. It could be a mixed plating involving other metals. But you are not allergic to the most frequent, Nickel.

21 1,175
 05-04-2015, 12:10 PM
User Info
Possibly folliculitis barbae...I hope it clears up ASAP (maybe with the correct medical prescription) ...

0 280
 05-04-2015, 12:20 PM
User Info
It looks like the whole is inflammated diffusely, with this red spot prominent in the photo. Keep us updated, if you don´t mind

21 1,175
 05-04-2015, 05:43 PM
User Info
(05-01-2015, 11:05 AM)BriDroid Wrote: I went to the dermatologist today.  He said it's contact dermatitis.  Basically I came in contact with something that my skin didn't like.  He gave me some cream that is supposed to clear it up quickly.  He also suggested that I stick with one soap and one splash for a week.  If in that time, the rash doesn't come back, then we can assume that it's OK.  Then move onto another soap/AS combo and see.  Continue on until I go through all my soaps/splashes.

So, this afternoon, I'm starting with a week of MdC and Myrsol Agua Balsamica.  I sure hope this isn't the problem since I LOVE this combo!!!!

--------------------------------------------------

A few days ago I started getting this rash on my neck and cheeks.  I had to stop shaving due to the irritation.  I haven't started using anything new, same old soaps and aftershaves I've been using. At first I thought it was razor burn, because it kind of looked like that.  When I did have razor burn, a little shea butter overnight and it was gone the next day.  Not this stuff.  Shea butter just makes it even brighter red!

I have a dermatologist appointment on Monday morning.  Hopefully they can tell me what it is?  Not shaving is KILLING ME!

[Image: mamDZjk.jpg]

1 399
 05-04-2015, 05:44 PM
User Info
I'd keep some Benadryl handy.

1 399
 05-04-2015, 08:40 PM
User Info
MdC does that to me. All 3 scents.

4 63
 05-05-2015, 07:59 AM
User Info