05-02-2015, 07:47 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Update: 5/12 - Opening this up for trade offers, I'm mainly interested in hardware with a similar value (brushes, DE razors), no quantity for quality trades please.  PM me with any offers and I will get back to you.

Good morning Nookers!  I have some items that need new homes.  Please add $5 flat shipping for US, $10 for Canada and $15 worldwide.  I am not interested in trades at this time.  If you would like more pictures or have any questions please PM me.

[Image: qOla3t2.jpg]

L to R:

Somerset Duke 3 (25x48mm)- I purchased this brush from another member and it is everything you would expect it to be.  Dense, moderately firm and soft tips on this beautifully shaped knot that is installed in a real handmade handle.  I actually have two other Somerset Dukes and it was silly of me to buy a third.  There are no defects (shedding, cracks, etc.) but a previous owner has preserved the lamp black with clear nail polish (you have to look very closely to tell).  Paid $155, yours for $125. TRADED TRADED TRADED!

Butterscotch Emperor Pure Badger (20x48mm)- I purchased this brush hoping it would have very soft tips, but it does have a moderate amount of scritch.  It would make an excellent brush as is or you could restore it with your favorite knot.  It does have several minor scratches and dings around the handle consistent with what would happen if you mug lathered daily with it for several years, otherwise in excellent condition. $30. SOLD SOLD SOLD!

SOLD:

First up is a Thiers Issard 5/8 Full Hollow Ground straight razor made for Art of Shaving.  I purchased this from a fellow Nooker to be my first step into straight shaving, but I just haven't gotten into it at all.  I have stropped it a few times to practice and shaved the hairs off my arm but it hasn't touched lather nor water since in my possession.  It is in excellent condition with the only flaws being some light scuffs on the brushed stainless scales.  From the reviews I have found online these razors are very good quality and hopefully an excellent value at $90. SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Chubby 1 Best (24x45mm)- Original owner, very lightly used, no defects.  The best of the Best badger is used in this brush.  Very dense, firm backbone and soft tips. $80 SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Chubby 2 Super (29x48mm)- Original owner, very lightly used, no defects.  The softest Super hair I have ever experienced is very tightly packed in this knot, it is like lathering with an oversized silk q-tip.  Top of the line luxury!  $190 SOLD FOR $180

Milk Churn "Somerset Rod Stock" (23x47mm)- Original owner, very lightly used, no defects.  Soft tips, no scritch, moderate to high backbone.  This is a great brush, I just have way too many, it has a slight yellowish hue apparently from older rod stock.  $65 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Shavemac Beehive Finest (25x50mm)- Original owner, very lightly used, no defects.  A step above your average Simpson Best, Shavemac Finest offers a very good mixture of backbone and soft tips.  This brush was just purchased earlier this year and I'm not as big of a fan of the zebra stripes as I thought I would be and I will be reordering another with a slightly lower loft.  Would work excellent for bowl or face lathering.  $65 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Custom Buffalo Horn w/ TGN Finest F2 (27x52)- Original owner, used twice, no defects.  This handle is absolutely remarkable and worth the price of admission by itself.  It is combined with a nice TGN Finest F2 knot which has soft tips with just a hint of scritch which will probably fade with a few more uses.  Made by an artisan that went by Proswell on eBay. $40 SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Dr Dittmar 2-band Silvertip (25x56mm) - Original owner, very lightly used, no defects.  These sell at Royal Shave for $140 and offer a very nice shaving experience.  Made in Germany, this brush has a nice ergonomic handle paired with a very nice knot with soft tips and moderate backbone.  I would say this is a step below the Thater 2-band of yesteryear (with gelt tips) but a step up from the current offerings.  $50 SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Gillette Extra Large restored with Frank Shaving Finest (26x53mm)- I restored this brush personally a few months back.  The hollow handle has been filled with hot glue, which I also used to set the knot.  The knot is densely filled (no shedding) and has firm backbone combined with soft tips.  I have only used this brush a few times since completing the restoration.  $40  SOLD SOLD SOLD

139 2,677
 05-05-2015, 07:47 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
[Image: usppxoI.jpg][Image: 7r3mQAP.jpg][Image: 1v7DIjr.jpg]

Near New Vulfix 41 Super Badger - This beast of a brush (28mm knot x 55mm loft) has excellent soft tips, moderate density and backbone and a large but ergonomic handle.  I purchased this recently and have used it only twice.  As a face latherer I love every aspect of this brush except for the size, it literally covers from ear to nose making it difficult to build my lather.  This would be the perfect brush for head shavers or bowl latherers (or those that may have above average face size).  The final picture shows it next to my Chubby 3 for scale.  It comes with the original box.  This brush sells for $125, yours for $70 + shipping SOLD SOLD SOLD!

139 2,677
 05-05-2015, 09:46 AM
User Info
PM sent.

14 9
 05-05-2015, 10:14 AM
  • robk
  • New Jersey
User Info
saw the hoffritz and got my hopes up only to have them dashed. you, sir, are a cruel tease. glwts!

11 517
 05-05-2015, 11:38 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
That horn handled brush looks amazing!  Congrats to the buyer!

71 1,468
 05-05-2015, 07:15 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
Gah. My heart jumps everytime I see that Hoffritz. Nice loot for sale here!

143 1,983
 05-07-2015, 05:34 AM
User Info
Pm sent

9 111
 05-12-2015, 07:07 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Open to trade offers, I just got another Somerset Duke 3 so really need some new faces in my den.

139 2,677
 05-13-2015, 03:54 AM
  • mark1966
  • Canberra [the capital city of] Australia
User Info
Ahhhh, missed that beautiful Emperor Sad

5 207
 05-15-2015, 09:23 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info