05-02-2015, 08:55 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Man, it must be Spring here, because all I want to use are those Rose scents…. and I suppose Violet too!  
Anyone else getting a floral bug????

62 3,006
 05-02-2015, 09:03 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I do enjoy rose, violet, lavender, honeysuckle, lily of the valley, and jasmine scents, almost anything floral. 

38 5,197
 05-02-2015, 09:17 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Yes, I really do mean All florals Smile   Love them all just about!!
I am seriously addicted to them at the moment.  The majority of my floral varieties are rose, I suppose.

62 3,006
 05-02-2015, 09:18 AM
User Info
What are your favorite rose and violet soaps? Looking for a couple good examples of each Smile

16 1,027
 05-02-2015, 09:56 AM
User Info
Rose, Violet and Lilac are my favorite florals right now. Standouts for me in these scents are:

Klar (Dusy) Kabinett
Wickham's English Rose
Mike's Rose and Cedarwood
Mystic Water Lilac
Mystic Water Viola di Bosco
Jabonman Violetas

41 1,196
 05-02-2015, 10:24 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(05-02-2015, 09:18 AM)crazindndude Wrote: What are your favorite rose and violet soaps? Looking for a couple good examples of each Smile

Simpson's Vanilla & Rose cream
Wickham's English Rose
Mystic Waters Viola

169 1,424
 05-02-2015, 10:41 AM
User Info
I can not do without a rose scent in my rotation. I thought it was funny when I saw a guy's rose-based SOTD posting but it intrigued me, as I know rose was a big victorian male scent. I now have Caties Bubbles in rose. It is very good but I don't know, there could be better. I plan to try LASS and Soap Commander in rose and see which of three I find the best in performance, value per use, and in scent. 

18 713
 05-02-2015, 11:09 AM
User Info
Did anyone order Velvet by B&M? I told Will that I love the Violet scent of Jabonman. It is candy like sweet floral and it is kind of intoxicating to me. I also have Viola from Michelle which is very nice as well.

I really like Rose de Pushkar by LPL and Klar Kabinett. I have a sample of Mikes Rose/Cedarwood that I need to use and test.

One of my favorite scents is TFS Orange Blossom and Jasmine. Not your average overly sweet citrus and is balanced nice with a bit of sharp floral note. 

81 1,368
 05-02-2015, 11:23 AM
User Info
(05-02-2015, 11:09 AM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: Did anyone order Velvet by B&M? I told Will that I love the Violet scent of Jabonman. It is candy like sweet floral and it is kind of intoxicating to me. I also have Viola from Michelle which is very nice as well.

I really like Rose de Pushkar by LPL and Klar Kabinett. I have a sample of Mikes Rose/Cedarwood that I need to use and test.

One of my favorite scents is TFS Orange Blossom and Jasmine. Not your average overly sweet citrus and is balanced nice with a bit of sharp floral note. 

Will himself is a huge fan of violet, and had very high praise for Violetas. I'm tempted to get Velvet myself just for that reason.

16 1,027
 05-02-2015, 11:25 AM
User Info
(05-02-2015, 09:56 AM)shevek Wrote: Rose, Violet and Lilac are my favorite florals right now. Standouts for me in these scents are:

Klar (Dusy) Kabinett
Wickham's English Rose
Mike's Rose and Cedarwood
Mystic Water Lilac
Mystic Water Viola di Bosco
Jabonman Violetas

(05-02-2015, 10:24 AM)Steelman Wrote:
(05-02-2015, 09:18 AM)crazindndude Wrote: What are your favorite rose and violet soaps? Looking for a couple good examples of each Smile

Simpson's Vanilla & Rose cream
Wickham's English Rose
Mystic Waters Viola

Do you guys know offhand if Wickham's uses rose absolute and/or smells like Klar Kabinett? I have Mike's R&CW, and have tried several other rose creams and soaps, and every one that I've tried has that powdery fake smell that people think roses ought to smell like. I want the genuine article!

I've heard Soap Commander's Love did a good job in that regard. Any experience there?

16 1,027
 05-02-2015, 11:35 AM
User Info
[Image: DU26q7c.jpg]
Wickham's has a natural rose scent to my nose, not as sweet as Klar. I feel like you are getting some of the green plant along with the rose flower. Can't say if it is rose absolute, but I assume fragrance oil is used, not essential oil. 

41 1,196
 05-02-2015, 11:48 AM
User Info
I tend to use my lighter florl fragrances this time of year - neroli, rose, yasmin, but there can too much of a good thing.
It can be a bit too feminine for my taste.

I do use the TF&H Rose cream and the new LPL Rose soap, and rock my spiced mandarine from Mondial, but other than that I just rotate between all my 100's of soaps and creams endlæessly, just as well as I rotate between my 500+ fragrances endlessly.

Just bought Tom Ford Noir de Noir 50 ml today - it's a rose gourmand, not for summer, but good for spring.

24 6,018
 05-02-2015, 01:01 PM
User Info
LPL rose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 05-02-2015, 05:35 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
I actually lucked out and have a "working" veggie Trumper Rose and Violet.  They are NOT the easiest soaps to lather, in fact, there are times that it still ends up a bubbly mess (even though it's the version with Potassium Palmate first)… but I have figured out how to make a nice creamy lather like the EXCELLENT C&E soaps from a few years ago (though the C&E Potassium Palmate versions lathered if you simply smiled at them).

For soaps:
GFT Rose (veggie)
GFT Rose (tallow)
GFT Violet (veggie)
GFT Violet (tallow)

B&M Seville (but I cannot use any more due to lanolin  Confused  )

MW Viola di Bosco

Floris No. 89

êShave Linden
êShave Lavender

For creams:
GFT Rose
GFT Violet

DRH Rose

T&H Rose

Floris No. 89

62 3,006
 05-03-2015, 05:49 AM
User Info
Soap Commander's Love is very natural smelling. Most floral scents are made to what we perceive that they should small like, not what they actually smell like. Love smells natural with more "green" smell than artificial sweet perfume, powder, or candy scent added to it.

1 3
 05-03-2015, 06:50 AM
User Info
CB smells like the roses from the flower shop, which I'm sure have some type of perfume on them. GFT rose smells very synthetic. Wickham rose smells a little powdery but with some green in there. I was not impressed with the performance of Wickham at all though. The lather looked nice and dense but it had no cushion and little slickness. It was really soft and because of that, uneconomical. it didn't lather that well either.

18 713
 05-03-2015, 10:02 AM
User Info
Mystic Water's Jasmine, Sandalwood Rose and Jeff's Lavender are divine! 

83 21,110
 05-04-2015, 05:18 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
I agree, apart from Lavender, I truly enjoy Rose myself.

10 963
 05-04-2015, 06:15 AM
User Info
(05-02-2015, 11:48 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: I tend to use my lighter florl fragrances this time of year - neroli, rose, yasmin, but there can too much of a good thing.
It can be a bit too feminine for my taste.

I do use the TF&H Rose cream and the new LPL Rose soap, and rock my spiced mandarine from Mondial, but other than that I just rotate between all my 100's of soaps and creams endlæessly, just as well as I rotate between my 500+ fragrances endlessly.

Just bought Tom Ford Noir de Noir 50 ml today - it's a rose gourmand, not for summer, but good for spring.

Claus,
The great thing about your vast collection of scents and soaps is even rotating daily, it's like you always have a brand new product for each shave.  Biggrin

39 3,950
 05-04-2015, 09:00 PM
User Info
I've only tried a couple rose scented creams/soaps and don't care for them. I love lavender though. I'd love to try some other floral scents. Lilac and honeysuckle sound fantastic

4 63