05-05-2015, 02:57 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
It took over three months to arrive in Australia from Canada, but here it is: my very own (and only) Aristocrat Junior, 1949, 72 grams. 

It is smaller looking than I'd imagined, but the plating is just absolutely perfect. I'm assuming the nickel plating was perfected by Gillette during the Ranger Tech development period; whatever it was that happened, they most certainly got it right with this model. The doors are almost Rhodium-like, but I'm sure they're nickel... no case with this beauty, more's the pity. Price was right, though Smile

[Image: 9zgl8rc.jpg]
[Image: D8WY7sl.jpg]
[Image: 9lehzbF.jpg]
[Image: aejOEZS.jpg]

0 1,846
 05-05-2015, 05:47 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Continually finding goodies, congratulations that's in wonderful condition!! When I got mine (through 'the bay'.. during a case of RAD) I too was surprised at how scaled down it was compared to the normal British Aristocrats.  

Its a good shaver, not aggressive feeling but still very close. But beautiful find, enjoy this great looking piece in your growing collection!

36 1,336
 05-05-2015, 06:40 AM
  • dajmacd
  • Tennessee River Valley
User Info
I picked up one of these on the 'bay a while back.  It was listed as a Rocket, came in a Canadian Rocket case and had the 2nd crappiest set of pictures I'd ever seen on ebay.  Just under US $25 shipped.  It's the only TTO I use anymore.

4 194
 05-05-2015, 06:57 AM
User Info
Great looking razor and I found one locally as well, seems they age well as mine is minty too.

I just can't get a good shave out of it and find the handle to head balance a bit off with the thin handle.

8 2,718
 05-05-2015, 06:57 AM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
These and the British Rockets are the best TTOs, IMHO. Happy shaving!

60 849
 05-05-2015, 07:41 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Definitely agree with you, these are the best TTO's. Its delivers a very solid feel no matter the age when your using the mechanism.

After using so many 12-15mm diameter handles the 'Crat Jr is a bit small and takes a bit of constant use to get used to its size in your hand, but that's why I have the normal British Aristocrats for!  Biggrin

36 1,336
 05-10-2015, 11:35 AM
User Info
I just shaved yesterday with My Crat Jr. loaded with a new Bic Super Chromium and had a fine shave. I find that all of the Bristish TTO's (Rockets and Arsitocrats) give me a great shave.

0 286