05-08-2015, 09:51 AM
User Info
Hi guys, I ordered some taylor of old bond street avacado, tracking it through amazon the package was set to be delivered tomorrow. So this morning I went to check my mail and found my amazon prime box shoved in my mailbox. I know my ups driver and he actually knocks on my door to deliver my packages or at least leaves them in my sun room so they can be visible. I called him to ask what happened and he was off today so another guy had his route. Long story short I have 2 tubs of tobs that are melted completely. looks like a tubs of milk. So far I have had them in the freezer for an hour or so and am stirring them every 20 minutes or so and they seem to be getting thicker but it may just be the cold. So what do you guys think has this ever happened to you and did you fix it or did it ruin your cream. Also would jt be so hard to put a label on this stuff or something to at least attempt to hinder it from melting? I mean for the price of these creams surely it could be packaged in at least Styrofoam to attempt to keep it from melting...Rant off

3 1,356
 05-08-2015, 09:55 AM
User Info
I've had creams melt due to heat. They will reconstitute if you store them in at room temperature in a dark area for a couple days. Because the cream settles more evenly it won't have that swirly "just poured" appearance but it'll function just fine.

I'm not sure but I suspect freezing will cause it to reconstitute improperly.

16 1,027
 05-08-2015, 10:44 AM
User Info
I have a tub of Baume.Be and the AS balm coming today and its mid 80'S out so I fear this also. So hopefully I won't have  $70 worth of products ruined.

49 356
 05-08-2015, 10:48 AM
User Info
I've never been able to bring back melted creams.

8 2,718
 05-08-2015, 10:50 AM
User Info
Just got the tobs out of the freezer after 2 hours. I have stirred it every 20 minutes to half hour and it's pretty much ok now. Scent is still there and it's a little runny on a thin top layer but I suspect it will be ok. I'm still aggravated that I couldn't even get a knock on my door but that's another thread.

3 1,356
 05-08-2015, 10:59 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
My tub of Alvarez Gomez came in very runny and over time thickened back up (albeit with some undissolved granules which according to another member may just be from a particular batch) and it turns out to be the best cream I have ever used.  I have had TOBS range from runny to croap-like and it performs the same regardless so I wouldn't worry too much.

145 2,752
 05-08-2015, 11:01 AM
User Info
Hopefully it stays firmer consistency when it comes back to room temp.

Performance should be affected, but it's still a bummer to have that happen.

8 2,718
 05-08-2015, 11:01 AM
User Info
Your package may have actually been delivered by your mail man and not your UPS man. Check the label and see if it says USPS on it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 48
 05-08-2015, 11:05 AM
User Info
True ^^. Sometimes FedEx and UPS will deliver t OK just the USPS and then USPS completed the delivery and vice versa.

49 356
 05-08-2015, 11:06 AM
User Info
(05-08-2015, 11:01 AM)bklinch Wrote: Your package may have actually been delivered by your mail man and not your UPS man. Check the label and see if it says USPS on it also.

It was ups, my normal driver is a friend. I called him and asked him what was going on and he had the day off and someone else took his route.

3 1,356
 05-08-2015, 11:38 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(05-08-2015, 10:59 AM)blzrfn Wrote: My tub of Alvarez Gomez came in very runny and over time thickened back up (albeit with some undissolved granules which according to another member may just be from a particular batch) and it turns out to be the best cream I have ever used.  I have had TOBS range from runny to croap-like and it performs the same regardless so I wouldn't worry too much.

The AG "undissolved granules" are also in my tub but I consider them part of the normal formula. I assume they're little balls of soap from the saponification process.
My tub has never melted and is definitely quite firm.

59 2,826
 05-08-2015, 12:49 PM
  • ncguy1
  • TARHEEL
  • North Carolina
User Info
 Our UPS delivery guy said that they were not allowed to touch the mailboxes here.

18 260
 05-08-2015, 01:27 PM
User Info
It is illegal for us to put packages in the mailbox. Your guy was off so how is it that he knows that UPS delivered a pkg to you?

0 48
 05-08-2015, 01:38 PM
User Info
This is why I get all shaving packages delivered to my work. They always show up during business hours, never left on my step.

8 2,718
 05-08-2015, 01:43 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Yeah, I was just going to chime in with the same sentiment; I don't think UPS can legally leave packages in your mailbox. At least where I live USPS is pretty territorial. I heard my postman give a stern talking to someone leaving real estate fliers in mailboxes in my neighborhood. He told the guy if he didn't go around and remove them all, he would get the fuzz involved. (I think he was being a little over-zealous, but I suspect if it was UPS it would've been a different story...)

Apart from that, file a damage claim with Amazon. It really sounds like it was legitimately damaged in shipping. They have excellent customer service and will likely offer an exchange.

22 828
 05-08-2015, 01:51 PM
User Info
(05-08-2015, 01:27 PM)bklinch Wrote: It is illegal for us to put packages in the mailbox. Your guy was off so how is it that he knows that UPS delivered a pkg to you?

He's a  close friend and we live in a small town ,I dunno maybe he knew who was taking over his route ?I'll ask though,  1st post explains the details of what happend.

3 1,356
 05-08-2015, 02:02 PM
User Info
All I'm saying is, there are pkgs that UPS delivers to the post office and they deliver to you.

0 48
 05-08-2015, 02:05 PM
User Info
(05-08-2015, 02:02 PM)bklinch Wrote: All I'm saying is, there are pkgs that UPS delivers to the post office and they deliver to you.

Those normally have a small label that say USPS on top right corner Vs the giant UPS label. The amazon was from UPS no USPS label at all. tracking info also never says it was turned over it arrived at ups (different city than post office), and got put on a truck. Then came to me. Mrs. says she has packages go from UPS to USPS quite often,but it always shows up in tracking as picked up by USPS or something of that matter as well as getting a label from the post office which amazon prime has never done for me it's always been UPS through the 2 years I've had prime 

3 1,356
 05-08-2015, 02:16 PM
User Info
(05-08-2015, 02:02 PM)bklinch Wrote: All I'm saying is, there are pkgs that UPS delivers to the post office and they deliver to you.

Also know I'm not trying to come off as a jerk, just trying to get all the info out.

3 1,356
 05-08-2015, 02:20 PM
User Info
If they've been subject to a lot of heat for a considerable amount of time, they may have separated.  I suspect that if cooling them down didn't help, you may be able to (carefully) reblend them with a stick blender after they've warmed up. Sometimes a little heat before blending can help, but you have to be careful.  Too much time in the microwave, and you'll have a volcano on your hands.

I haven't tried this with a shaving cream, but it helps bring our lotions back to life when they're left in a hot car.

0 1,074