06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
User Info
I had a buyer who canceled his transaction and in the process he screwed it up for me. The other high bid was changed and now the bid has gone back to the original price. How do I get back the second highest bid back?

I'm afraid I should've closed the bidding as soon as the money was in my favor, but I played with lady luck and I believe I've lost. I waited for the price to continue to jump.

Is there anyway I deny the buyer's request? Can I undo his retraction of his bid?

0 128
 06-13-2012, 07:35 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You can always relist it and put a reserve on it. Trying to force the guy who cancelled to buy is a major hassle.

173 23,538
 06-13-2012, 07:47 PM
User Info
(06-13-2012, 07:35 PM)Johnny Wrote: You can always relist it and put a reserve on it. Trying to force the guy who cancelled to buy is a major hassle.

What if it doesn't sell for the same price? I tried this method, I contacted the buyer who had the second highest bid and told him that the item was his and that when if I received a payment, I'd ship it tomorrow. So far, no response yet.

0 128
 06-14-2012, 05:42 PM
User Info
If he actually purchased it and did not pay you can file an arbitration with EBay. After he still doesn't pay EBay will credit you the listing fee back and you can send a second chance offer to the next closest bidder at their highest bid (kinda like a buyit now at their bid price). I did this but ended up relishing and got lucky that my item sold for more the second time than the first. Try to google something like "eBay buyer didn't pay" and look for eBay links, you could also look in the support center. Hope this helps

1 85