05-10-2015, 04:22 PM
User Info
I used to be, but any more.

I've found a solution that works extremely well for me. Homeocan Calendula+ Cream. If I end up with a red neck after a shave, I apply a light coat of the cream (to my neck only) after the witch hazel and aftershave lotion (if I use one) or after the balm. It works every time.

There is another brand—St. Francis Herb Farm Calendula Cream. It has more than twice as much calendula in it (10.5%), but it's a bit greasy, so I don't use it, unless I'm staying home. I think it actually works a little better, but the greasiness puts me off. It does dry completely, but it takes a very long time.

The stuff is inexpensive, and a tube lasts me about 4 months.

A homeopath acquaintance uses it as an aftershave lotion, but I'd miss the fragrance and the burn.

1 404
 05-10-2015, 04:25 PM
User Info
(05-10-2015, 04:22 PM)David Wrote: I used to be, but any more.

I've found a solution that works extremely well for me. Homeocan Calendula+ Cream.  If I end up with a red neck after a shave, I apply a light coat of the cream (to my neck only) after the witch hazel and aftershave lotion (if I use one) or after the balm.  It works every time.

There is another brand—St. Francis Herb Farm Calendula Cream.  It has more than twice as much calendula in it (10.5%), but it's a bit greasy, so I don't use it, unless I'm staying home.  I think it actually works a little better, but the greasiness puts me off.  It does dry completely, but it takes a very long time.

The stuff is inexpensive, and a tube lasts me about 4 months.

A homeopath acquaintance uses it as an aftershave lotion, but I'd miss the fragrance and the burn.

ALSO, I just noticed that the St. Francis Herb Farm one has an NPN number, and the Homeocan one doesn't.  I don't know if that's significant or not.

The Natural Product Number (NPN) The eight-digit Natural Product Number (NPN), found on all licensed natural health products (NHPs) for sale in Canada, indicates the product has been assessed by Health Canada and was deemed to be safe, effective and of high-quality.

1 404
 05-11-2015, 05:54 PM
User Info
;0only after hot shower 

53 760