05-11-2015, 06:43 AM
User Info
Hi everyone - 

I have a well-maintained Merkur Futur in satin finish up for sale today.  As you can see from the photos, it is in great shape and no visible defects, except for wear and tear.  The Futur is a very interesting razor; it is both a two-piece and an adjustable.  However, it is a two-piece in that the top cap has two posts (as shown in bottom left photo) that clamp into two tension bars, so there is no screwing or overscrewing that could derail other adjustables.  It is also a very large and impressive razor in person.  It measures 4 1/4" long (around 110 mm) and weighs 122 grams, so longer and heavier than just about any razor "mainstream" razor out there.  The top cap also extends well beyond the blade itself so the blade tabs are completely covered.  

It adjusts easily from very forgiving to very aggressive and everywhere in between.  This particular razor has the satin finish, which while futuristic-looking and smooth, does provide a tactile feel for holding it.  I've never dropped it nor felt it to be unsteady in my hands.  I am the second owner of this razor and traded it for, so while it retails for from anywhere from $75 to $90, I am "out" $45 so that is what I'm asking for: $45.  

This price includes CONUS shipping via USPS Priority Mail with tracking.  If you are an international buyer, please contact me so we can negotiate pricing and options.  My usual practice is to either cover shipping or meet halfway if its particularly onerous, but often certain services (such as tracking or insurance) are either unavailable or unwieldy.  This doesn't mean I won't ship internationally but just contact me via PM and we can discuss it.

And always thanks for looking,
Josh

84 1,505
 05-11-2015, 06:54 AM
User Info
Wow! That's a great deal.

16 1,980
 05-11-2015, 11:33 AM
  • dcc
  • Polsilver Vendor
  • EU
User Info
Great deal Smile

31 434
 05-13-2015, 11:51 AM
User Info
Sorry for not updating but the Futur has SOLD! Moderators please archive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84 1,505