03-05-2012, 09:59 AM
  • du212
  • ne quid nimis
  • Northern Spain
User Info

I bought it in http://www.perfumeriaurbieta.com, a selected perfumerie of Spain,... I have heard from this soap not in B&B, it was a friend who told me about the soap handmade in Naples, it's a very rare product, the packaging is according to a top product, the box, made in cardboard, is well finished and has fine silver prints with the brand

[Image: DSCN3922.jpg]

The look of handmade soap is total and this has given me much hope to use it. The soap is based on Tallow, Palm and Coconut oils.: Aqua, Stearic Acid, palmitic acid, Cocos aucifera, Potassium hydroxide, parfum .
The scsnt is very soft, like an ancient soap, but I didn't have noticed an specific scent, but this maybe an advantage for some people who don't like strong scented soaps.

[Image: DSCN3923.jpg]

At work: I have chosen the Semogue LE, with this brush the feeling is like to have the Force in Star Wars, a little water and lathering like a beast. The lather is thick, creamy, sticky, very good, it seems to other soaps foam Italia as Cella and P160, especially P160. The best thing is that the lather will not dry, and is very cushioned and lubricant ,.... I have not had many problems to make enough in a short time, from this point of view, this soap is positioned as one of the easiest to get lather, as easy as Tabac or Martin de Candre or La Toja. I was a bit disappointed with the scent, just existing, I expected a product more careful in that sense, but it is not comparable to other major soaps in value for money and is in the price level of Martin de Candre( package costs 28 euros) and I seem to have the same perfomance as the French, but is a very interesting and quite unique. IMHO, the P160 is a great choice as well, not as expensive as Boellis but a nice tallow based soap with a great bitter almond scent.

I will continue to use it in my rotation to see if I can provide more data
[Image: DSCN3925.jpg]

In the 3rd use with this soap I was positively impressed by the soap,...the feeling of easy lathering persist, it's easier than Tabac , and the soapy scent is better. The lather is one of the best that I've tried,....finally I feel my self satisfied with this buy.

After some months of using this soap th scent is definitively dissapeared and it has been replaced by the smell of "play doh" paste . I think that is because the supplier kept the soap not very well or the soap bar was a bit ancient

0 89
 03-05-2012, 10:11 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Oh the italians and their devotion towards bitter almond scent.The soap looks great but its really expensive.I think that RazoRock limited edition (the 100 units) its like this soap but cheaper...

86 7,123
 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
Very interesting review; thanks! I have been intrigued with this soap for a while and just picked some up last week, although I haven't tried it yet. I am anxious to see how I like it.

52 785
 03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
Very nice write up.

I have a nice sample of this soap, I'm going to have to get it out and use it. The guy that gave me the sample said that easily it's in his top 5 lathering products.

7 1,018
 03-06-2012, 03:29 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I have a bar of this soap along with a hand painted Panama soap bowl, but I haven't used either yet!!!

91 17,823
 03-06-2012, 05:03 AM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
(03-06-2012, 03:29 AM)ben74 Wrote: I have a bar of this soap along with a hand painted Panama soap bowl, but I haven't used either yet!!!

Aren't we a pair Wink

We both have a great soap and neither one of us has used it.

Actually, I've got a few soaps that I haven't used.

7 1,018