06-14-2012, 05:37 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I work in administration at a medical center. I love the Personna Med Prep blades and I got very curious if they were really using them upstairs on the surgical floor for pre-surgical prep. Blush

I took a walk up there and found a surgical nurse and being the curious type that I am, I asked what they used to shave the patients prior to surgery.
Uh....well, this didn't go over too well. She asked me in a strange tone if I had some kind of fetish about shaving...and I answered "yes, but it's not likely what you're thinking" and I proceeded to tell her about traditional, wet shaving which didn't really go over too well either.

Anyway, at our medical center, we use some kind of pre-packaged, disposable kinda thing. I looked at it quickly and couldn't tell how many blades it had. It sort of looked like the Venus razors that my wife and daughter use but otherwise, I was sufficiently embarrassed enough at that point that I took a quick look, thanked the nurse and bolted out of there.

I'm kinda hoping that this counts as "taking one for the team". Wink

6 905
 06-14-2012, 05:48 AM
  • Persius
  • On the learning curve
  • Reading, England
User Info
(06-14-2012, 05:37 AM)EHV Wrote: I'm kinda hoping that this counts as "taking one for the team". Wink
Certainly does!

Just to be reassuring, it sounds like the sort of thing I'd do ... gotta be so careful what you say to whom and when. I always forget that curiosity killed the cat! Glad you escaped alive.

1 290
 06-14-2012, 06:04 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(06-14-2012, 05:37 AM)EHV Wrote: I'm kinda hoping that this counts as "taking one for the team". Wink

Maybe. Was she a good looking or ugly nurse.Biggrin

173 23,554
 06-14-2012, 06:27 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
She was quite the pretty one! I'll have to hide out in the back of the cafeteria during lunch today....

(06-14-2012, 06:04 AM)Johnny Wrote:

Maybe. Was she a good looking or ugly nurse.Biggrin

6 905
 06-14-2012, 10:30 AM
User Info
Thanks for taking one for the team! Biggrin

75 20,883
 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Hahahaha. I laughed and laughed at this. I have opened it twice and re-read and sent the link to my wife for her to read. She's giggling too.

"Do you have shaving fetish?, yes but it's not what you think"

Thanks for the laugh EHV.

116 3,804
 06-14-2012, 11:47 AM
User Info
Thanks for the great post and good laugh!

I have either used the disposable razors that you are referring to or a disposable clipper head that attaches to a battery powered trimmer.

47 1,270
 06-14-2012, 01:52 PM
User Info
 06-14-2012, 02:08 PM
  • Philbo
  • West Midlands, UK
User Info
Very funny indeed lol, would be even funnier if this encounter was filmed....

Thanks for the laugh EHV and taking one for the team also.

0 62
 06-14-2012, 11:17 PM
User Info
(06-14-2012, 05:37 AM)EHV Wrote: I work in administration at a medical center. I love the Personna Med Prep blades and I got very curious if they were really using them upstairs on the surgical floor for pre-surgical prep. Blush

I took a walk up there and found a surgical nurse and being the curious type that I am, I asked what they used to shave the patients prior to surgery.
Uh....well, this didn't go over too well. She asked me in a strange tone if I had some kind of fetish about shaving...and I answered "yes, but it's not likely what you're thinking" and I proceeded to tell her about traditional, wet shaving which didn't really go over too well either.

Anyway, at our medical center, we use some kind of pre-packaged, disposable kinda thing. I looked at it quickly and couldn't tell how many blades it had. It sort of looked like the Venus razors that my wife and daughter use but otherwise, I was sufficiently embarrassed enough at that point that I took a quick look, thanked the nurse and bolted out of there.

I'm kinda hoping that this counts as "taking one for the team". Wink

you're making us fellow Pennsylvanians look really weird. Tongue

thanks for the laugh!

40 5,830