10-06-2019, 04:20 AM
  • Keto
User Info
The last few days I've been using a WK donkey milk formula king of oud. I remember this soap having more ghost lather to it than I'm currently getting. Trying to get away from a bunch of buffing but a good residual slickness is something I want in my soaps. Another thing not noticing as good of post-shave as I remember, I need to check my memory.lol I still love the scent although I won't try to describe it I believe it's the Oud mostly that I enjoy. 
   Next step might be WK Pasha's pride in the Buffalo mix just to compare.

0 45
 10-12-2019, 06:27 PM
User Info
I've decided to switch to DR Harris Arlington - it was calling to me!

6 1,094
 10-16-2019, 01:52 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(10-12-2019, 06:27 PM)Gig103 Wrote: I've decided to switch to DR Harris Arlington - it was calling to me!

I finished Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite today. It's an excellent soap with above average post shave feel. The lather is dense and yogurty. 

Arlington sounds like a great idea. After seeing your post I dug through my boxes of soap. No Arlington.  Huh   I then remembered gifting my brother my Arlington soap. I should have given him the Sandalwood or one of the Lavenders.  A6  Biggrin  I will have to find comfort in another soap.... or cream. I will dig through the boxes again and see what calls to me.

Is your Arlington the soap or cream?

101 2,016
 10-16-2019, 04:48 PM
User Info
(10-16-2019, 01:52 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 06:27 PM)Gig103 Wrote: I've decided to switch to DR Harris Arlington - it was calling to me!

I finished Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite today. It's an excellent soap with above average post shave feel. The lather is dense and yogurty. 

Arlington sounds like a great idea. After seeing your post I dug through my boxes of soap. No Arlington.  Huh   I then remembered gifting my brother my Arlington soap. I should have given him the Sandalwood or one of the Lavenders.  A6  Biggrin  I will have to find comfort in another soap.... or cream. I will dig through the boxes again and see what calls to me.

Is your Arlington the soap or cream?

Out of Arlington? I know it's an English soap, but the French expression "QUELLE HORREUR!" comes to mind.
I am using the hard soap, and find it works so much better in Seattle than Phoenix. The harder water must mess with it. After just a few shaves with it now I wish I had bought a refill puck before the reformulation. I'll enjoy what I have, though.

6 1,094
 10-16-2019, 05:55 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Horror was precisely what I felt when I couldn't find it.  Smile

I'm going to look at the ingredients and see if I have a reformulated version.

101 2,016
 10-17-2019, 08:33 PM
User Info
My wife decided to use Arlington tonight on her legs. I didn't complain :o Wink

6 1,094
 10-25-2019, 08:16 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Started a new puck of MWF. I have never used this soap before. I am enjoying the shaves with it. The scent is very pleasant. I have not experienced the lathering issues some users report. 

[Image: MwHSxWq.jpg]

101 2,016
 10-31-2019, 11:45 PM
User Info
How's the MWF after a week, Gabe? That's a classic I've never used.

DRH Arlington is still treating me well after 3 weeks; it jumped up in my evaluation here in Seattle water. So much less loading to get a nice lather and no more pre-wetting the top of the puck!

6 1,094
 11-03-2019, 06:08 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(10-31-2019, 11:45 PM)Gig103 Wrote: How's the MWF after a week, Gabe? That's a classic I've never used.

DRH Arlington is still treating me well after 3 weeks; it jumped up in my evaluation here in Seattle water. So much less loading to get a nice lather and no more pre-wetting the top of the puck!

MWF performs well. I'd say a little better than DRH. It has a better post shave feel.

101 2,016
 11-17-2019, 06:54 PM
User Info
Time to change over after a month with DRH. I was looking for Proraso Green but I've apparently used it up, so I stuck with the British theme and am now using GFT Eucris. It's a pretty typical British cream, I don't see myself using it for a whole month. I have a Mike's Natural in Pumpkin Spice that is fun to use starting around Thanksgiving.

6 1,094