10-06-2019, 04:20 AM
User Info
The last few days I've been using a WK donkey milk formula king of oud. I remember this soap having more ghost lather to it than I'm currently getting. Trying to get away from a bunch of buffing but a good residual slickness is something I want in my soaps. Another thing not noticing as good of post-shave as I remember, I need to check my memory.lol I still love the scent although I won't try to describe it I believe it's the Oud mostly that I enjoy. 
   Next step might be WK Pasha's pride in the Buffalo mix just to compare.

0 54
 10-12-2019, 06:27 PM
User Info
I've decided to switch to DR Harris Arlington - it was calling to me!

6 1,139
 10-16-2019, 01:52 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(10-12-2019, 06:27 PM)Gig103 Wrote: I've decided to switch to DR Harris Arlington - it was calling to me!

I finished Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite today. It's an excellent soap with above average post shave feel. The lather is dense and yogurty. 

Arlington sounds like a great idea. After seeing your post I dug through my boxes of soap. No Arlington.  Huh   I then remembered gifting my brother my Arlington soap. I should have given him the Sandalwood or one of the Lavenders.  A6  Biggrin  I will have to find comfort in another soap.... or cream. I will dig through the boxes again and see what calls to me.

Is your Arlington the soap or cream?

109 2,167
 10-16-2019, 04:48 PM
User Info
(10-16-2019, 01:52 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 06:27 PM)Gig103 Wrote: I've decided to switch to DR Harris Arlington - it was calling to me!

I finished Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite today. It's an excellent soap with above average post shave feel. The lather is dense and yogurty. 

Arlington sounds like a great idea. After seeing your post I dug through my boxes of soap. No Arlington.  Huh   I then remembered gifting my brother my Arlington soap. I should have given him the Sandalwood or one of the Lavenders.  A6  Biggrin  I will have to find comfort in another soap.... or cream. I will dig through the boxes again and see what calls to me.

Is your Arlington the soap or cream?

Out of Arlington? I know it's an English soap, but the French expression "QUELLE HORREUR!" comes to mind.
I am using the hard soap, and find it works so much better in Seattle than Phoenix. The harder water must mess with it. After just a few shaves with it now I wish I had bought a refill puck before the reformulation. I'll enjoy what I have, though.

6 1,139
 10-16-2019, 05:55 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Horror was precisely what I felt when I couldn't find it.  Smile

I'm going to look at the ingredients and see if I have a reformulated version.

109 2,167
 10-17-2019, 08:33 PM
User Info
My wife decided to use Arlington tonight on her legs. I didn't complain :o Wink

6 1,139
 10-25-2019, 08:16 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Started a new puck of MWF. I have never used this soap before. I am enjoying the shaves with it. The scent is very pleasant. I have not experienced the lathering issues some users report. 

[Image: MwHSxWq.jpg]

109 2,167
 10-31-2019, 11:45 PM
User Info
How's the MWF after a week, Gabe? That's a classic I've never used.

DRH Arlington is still treating me well after 3 weeks; it jumped up in my evaluation here in Seattle water. So much less loading to get a nice lather and no more pre-wetting the top of the puck!

6 1,139
 11-03-2019, 06:08 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(10-31-2019, 11:45 PM)Gig103 Wrote: How's the MWF after a week, Gabe? That's a classic I've never used.

DRH Arlington is still treating me well after 3 weeks; it jumped up in my evaluation here in Seattle water. So much less loading to get a nice lather and no more pre-wetting the top of the puck!

MWF performs well. I'd say a little better than DRH. It has a better post shave feel.

109 2,167
 11-17-2019, 06:54 PM
User Info
Time to change over after a month with DRH. I was looking for Proraso Green but I've apparently used it up, so I stuck with the British theme and am now using GFT Eucris. It's a pretty typical British cream, I don't see myself using it for a whole month. I have a Mike's Natural in Pumpkin Spice that is fun to use starting around Thanksgiving.

6 1,139
 12-03-2019, 11:26 PM
User Info
Aaaand, I did switch to Mike's Natural Pumpkin Spice. :0

6 1,139
 12-08-2019, 09:38 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
MWF is turning out to be a very good soap. I did experience thin, disappearing lather. This was caused by not enough product. This occurred when using a larger or denser knot like the SHD. With my "normal" brushes I did not experience this. When using my larger or denser brushes, I simply added more load time. I noticed MWF is very hard. I can see why it loves repeated use. Loading was certainly made easier using it every day. 

Today I almost made it to the bottom. I had about 5mm to go. I redistributed the soap that formed along the edges. I suspect I have about a month left. This will put me at about 3 months or 90 shaves per puck. Of course, soap has a tendency to last longer than projected. Smile

I will add, we have very hard water in the Phoenix area.

109 2,167
 12-08-2019, 11:49 PM
User Info
Wow Gabe, I forgot you were 3017-ing things these days, good for you.

6 1,139
 01-01-2020, 07:52 PM
User Info
I took a few weeks off shaving, but started up today again for the new year.

Gillette Platinum in an EJ89
Barrister & Mann Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood
Penhaligon's Sartorial ASB

It was the longest I've ever let my facial hair grow, so I treated myself with a hot towel first, that had some eucalyptus essential oil on it. Great shave, this might become something I do every weekend!

6 1,139
 02-22-2020, 09:41 PM
  • Nero
User Info
I'm gonna keep using Fine soaps this week. Already have three shaves in a row with them, so I'll keep it going. I've enjoyed using them so far and the scents keep it interesting.

Last 3 days I've used their:
Italian Citrus (AdP)
Santal Absolute (AoS)
Green Vetiver (Guerlain)

I still have:
Platinum (Aventus)... soap and cream
L'orange noir (Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte)

98 4,031
 02-23-2020, 03:06 PM
User Info
Hey Nero, how good are their AdP and AoS clones? Not that I need more soaps, but I do like AdP but find the Razorock XXX clone a little lacking.

6 1,139
 02-23-2020, 03:11 PM
  • Nero
User Info
(02-23-2020, 03:06 PM)Gig103 Wrote: Hey Nero, how good are their AdP and AoS clones? Not that I need more soaps, but I do like AdP but find the Razorock XXX clone a little lacking.
I like the Fine better than the current RR XXX. Neither are perfect clones. For $12.50, I think you'll be very pleased with the scent and performance.
Their AoS Sandalwood clone is dead-on, I don't know how they did it.

98 4,031
 02-24-2020, 11:31 AM
  • Nero
User Info
Used the L'orange Noir yesterday for a perfect shave.

98 4,031
 02-24-2020, 07:21 PM
  • Nero
User Info
(02-23-2020, 03:11 PM)Nero Wrote: Their AoS Sandalwood clone is dead-on, I don't know how they did it.

I want to clarify this statement...
The Fine soap is virtually identical to the current AoS Sandalwood scent (in cream, soap, and discontinued EdT). Which is a different scent from the vintage AoS tallow soap.

98 4,031
 02-26-2020, 07:33 AM
  • Nero
User Info
Used their Platinum cream last night, marvelous stuff. I've been using more product lately (all brands) to make my lather and have noticed an increase in performance and overall satisfaction....who'da thought?

98 4,031