04-18-2020, 02:13 PM
  • Nero
User Info
(04-17-2020, 01:46 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:51 PM)Nero Wrote: I actually have moved on to Proraso Week.

I've used the Green cream 2x and the Cypress & Vetiver cream 2x.

I've shaved 4 days in a row.

4 different razor/cream permutations: 2 shaves with Lupo (aluminum) with Polsilver and 2 shaves with RR Hawk (v2, aluminum again) with Kai.

No problems at all.

Really enjoy both scents, I have to say. The cooling of the menthol in the Green has been a nice touch for sure.

Be well

Any differences in performance between the green and their premium creams? I feel slickness is an area classic Proraso lacks in. Perhaps the Single Edge premium formula is better.
Honestly, I wasn't paying that close attention to the difference, as I had no issues with either.

Do you have Proraso green or CO Bigelow? IIRC, they do not have the exact same formula. (might be wrong, going from memory like 7 years ago.)

98 3,992
 04-18-2020, 06:49 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(04-17-2020, 01:46 PM)Gabe Wrote: Any differences in performance between the green and their premium creams? I feel slickness is an area classic Proraso lacks in. Perhaps the Single Edge premium formula is better.

I use straights, where slickness is a must. I never cared for Proraso, until Single Blade was released. I find Single Blade to be a much improved cream and with terrific slickness.

39 6,277
 04-18-2020, 08:54 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(04-18-2020, 02:13 PM)Nero Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 01:46 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:51 PM)Nero Wrote: I actually have moved on to Proraso Week.

I've used the Green cream 2x and the Cypress & Vetiver cream 2x.

I've shaved 4 days in a row.

4 different razor/cream permutations: 2 shaves with Lupo (aluminum) with Polsilver and 2 shaves with RR Hawk (v2, aluminum again) with Kai.

No problems at all.

Really enjoy both scents, I have to say. The cooling of the menthol in the Green has been a nice touch for sure.

Be well

Any differences in performance between the green and their premium creams? I feel slickness is an area classic Proraso lacks in. Perhaps the Single Edge premium formula is better.
Honestly, I wasn't paying that close attention to the difference, as I had no issues with either.

Do you have Proraso green or CO Bigelow? IIRC, they do not have the exact same formula. (might be wrong, going from memory like 7 years ago.)

I am using the blue in the tube.

107 2,151
 04-18-2020, 08:56 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(04-18-2020, 06:49 PM)evnpar Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 01:46 PM)Gabe Wrote: Any differences in performance between the green and their premium creams? I feel slickness is an area classic Proraso lacks in. Perhaps the Single Edge premium formula is better.

I use straights, where slickness is a must. I never cared for Proraso, until Single Blade was released. I find Single Blade to be a much improved cream and with terrific slickness.

You and I both. Since using Proraso blue, I've been picking up my DE more often. I might have to try the Single Edge formula. Same menthol kick?

107 2,151
 04-21-2020, 10:14 PM
User Info
Just checking in ... Still using Mike's Lavender with no complaints. I am changing up the aftershave, using Razorock XXX this week. I will continue to use Mike's until I .... move into my new house!!

Yes, that's right, after more than a year house hunting (while living in a studio apartment on short term leases since we were actively looking), we closed today. I was outbid 5 times, rejected twice, and one owner didn't have clear title to his own home and couldn't get it fixed by closing. But we have landed on a winner. It needs a lot of updating, but it is in a wonderful neighborhood with a view of the Puget Sound. I can't wait to put my mark on it. It has a great garage, but no shave nook of my own to report. The master doesn't even have a vanity beyond the bare minimum to hold a sink. Maybe when the remodeling is done!!

6 1,126
 04-22-2020, 01:20 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(04-21-2020, 10:14 PM)Gig103 Wrote: Just checking in ... Still using Mike's Lavender with no complaints. I am changing up the aftershave, using Razorock XXX this week. I will continue to use Mike's until I .... move into my new house!!

Yes, that's right, after more than a year house hunting (while living in a studio apartment on short term leases since we were actively looking), we closed today. I was outbid 5 times, rejected twice, and one owner didn't have clear title to his own home and couldn't get it fixed by closing. But we have landed on a winner. It needs a lot of updating, but it is in a wonderful neighborhood with a view of the Puget Sound. I can't wait to put my mark on it. It has a great garage, but no shave nook of my own to report. The master doesn't even have a vanity beyond the bare minimum to hold a sink. Maybe when the remodeling is done!!

Congratulations!!!! A new home is always exciting.

107 2,151
 04-28-2020, 04:44 PM
User Info
(04-22-2020, 01:20 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:14 PM)Gig103 Wrote: Just checking in ... Still using Mike's Lavender with no complaints. I am changing up the aftershave, using Razorock XXX this week. I will continue to use Mike's until I .... move into my new house!!

Thanks, Gabe! We've been enjoying the view off our new deck, and the movers have dropped off everything. Unpacking feels daunting (the movers packed our boxes for us as part of my relo package). Here is said view - a far cry from the Sonoran desert, although I do miss the low humidity.

[Image: chM7Q8J.jpg]

I'm shaving for the first time in approx 2 weeks. Still Mike's Lavender.

6 1,126
 04-28-2020, 09:44 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(04-28-2020, 04:44 PM)Gig103 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 01:20 PM)Gabe Wrote:

Thanks, Gabe! We've been enjoying the view off our new deck, and the movers have dropped off everything. Unpacking feels daunting (the movers packed our boxes for us as part of my relo package). Here is said view - a far cry from the Sonoran desert, although I do miss the low humidity.

[Image: chM7Q8J.jpg]

I'm shaving for the first time in approx 2 weeks. Still Mike's Lavender.

What a great view. I can imagine it is quite enjoyable paired with a nice cup of coffee.

107 2,151
 04-29-2020, 12:32 PM
  • Nero
User Info
Nice work and Congrats, Mike!

98 3,992
 04-30-2020, 10:05 PM
User Info
(04-28-2020, 09:44 PM)Gabe Wrote: What a great view. I can imagine it is quite enjoyable paired with a nice cup of coffee.

It most certainly is. I've found a shop near the house that sells Olympia Coffee, a fantastic roaster. Soon I'll have my espresso machine unpacked and set up again. I might have to mail order some more Peixoto though from Chandler.

(04-29-2020, 12:32 PM)Nero Wrote: Nice work and Congrats, Mike!
Thanks!! Cheers

6 1,126
 05-03-2020, 08:30 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
I've been using Wickham's 1912 Ninfeo di Egeria. The scent is very pleasant. It is a light green, fresh scent that is rounded out nicely by the wood and amber notes. Perfect for this time of year.

Here are the scent notes.

Scent Profile :
Top notes: Amalfi Lemon, Galbanum, Petitgrain, Bitter Orange  
Heart notes: Fig Leaf, Lentisque
Base notes: Wood and Amber

107 2,151