06-14-2012, 07:23 AM
User Info
Still on the go, so still reviewing stuff in my GoBag:

From some source or other my Better Half received a small sample bottle of Aubrey Men's Stock North Woods aftershave. The sample was of a decent size, so it went in my GoBag. Having used it for two weeks straight, the sample is now all but gone... and no real loss there.

It smells good; a light but masculine smell that lingers just long enough to remind me of the evergreen forests I grew up near. However, smelling good is all it does... it don't seal any nicks, and it don't moisturise my skin. On the contrary it dries my skin out even more; this is pretty much alcohol with a bit of scents thrown in.

If you want an aftershave that smells nice and nothing more, you could do worse than checking out the Aubrey Men's Stock North Woods aftershave. If you - like me - has grown used to aftershaves that do more than just smell nice, I recommend steering clear of this - which is a shame since I like the scent.

3 3,578
 06-14-2012, 10:19 AM
  • Qhead
  • Cleveland, Ohio
User Info
Agreed. For some unkown reason Tongue I picked up a bottle at Whole Foods. The pump mechanism did not work, so that gave me a reason to return it after one use! The smell was nice -- like a pine forest -- but it did not seem to have any other redeeming qualities.

15 185
 06-14-2012, 01:03 PM
User Info
I'm surprised to hear this. I have their City Rhythms and like it quite a bit. The reason I bought it was because of the witch hazel in it. I'll be buying the North Woods too at some point.

0 836
 06-14-2012, 01:34 PM
User Info
YMMV Pat - the little sample bottle I have does not list the contents, so I can't tell you if the North Wood have any witch hazel in it or not.

As mentioned the scent is pleasant - I might use what little there is left to freshen up a pair of old boots of mine :p

3 3,578
 06-14-2012, 02:02 PM
User Info
Here's the ingredient list:

INGREDIENTS INCI: Alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aqua, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, glycerin, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, pinus sylvestris (pine) oil, panax ginseng (ginseng) extract.

There was no explanation for the *.

0 836