05-15-2015, 11:49 AM
User Info
As you might imagine those of us who live in the Boston area have been watching this with baited breath. The jury is back with a unanimous verdict for death. 

I'll be very up front I still get emotional at the sheer amount of suffering that this bombing visited upon so many people. However this thread is not an invitation to discuss the death penalty. I ask though that you take a moment to think of the many dozens of people whose lives who suffered from this bombing.

The only good news associated with this story is that the police officer who was gravely wounded in the shootout in Watertown, MA (he actually had bled out and was dead for some minutes) returned to duty today.

3 459
 05-15-2015, 11:54 AM
User Info
Well deserved death penalty . All evil terrorist should be eliminated right away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 05-15-2015, 12:30 PM
User Info
I was as nervous following along the jury's answers as any case I ever put in front of a jury and I had no involvement in the case. I can't process my thoughts on this and I don't know if I'll ever be able to. I am vehemently opposed to the death penalty but this case wasn't about my thoughts on an issue; it's about what he did and what punishment is appropriate in our society. There are so many people who died, who have physical impairments or even psychological impairments that if this is what our society deems is appropriate (and I believe that a jury is made up of a collection of our peers) then I see the importance of their verdict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84 1,505
 05-15-2015, 12:34 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Gentlemen, I am closing this thread.
While we are sympathetic to the thoughts expressed in OP, we are also concerned about the direction that discussion here might take.
Thank you.

102 18,552