05-15-2015, 03:26 PM
User Info
Hey,

I enjoy creams as well as soaps, but with a rather large inventory of soaps and creams I have started to prefer soaps for their better shelf life.

But what is everyones favorite from the Meißner brand - the soap or the cream ?

And how does the Meißner rank up against the top performers such as Caties, Cold River Select, B&M, MDC, LPL, Czech & Speak, Saponifico Varesino, Acqua di Parma, Xpec etc. ??

Thanks  Smile

24 5,839
 05-16-2015, 01:28 PM
User Info
WoW, no replies.......

Come on guys, I know some of you have used this brand and praised it  Smile

24 5,839
 05-17-2015, 06:11 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I have not used the creams, just the hard soaps and I think it compares quite well with the brands you have mentioned.  Actually, I prefer it over some of the brands you have mentioned, but that is one of those YMMV type of things.

I have the Dark Limes, Grapefruit, and Lavender and would/could recommend you try any or all of these three.

175 23,752
 05-17-2015, 09:58 AM
User Info
(05-17-2015, 06:11 AM)Johnny Wrote: I have not used the creams, just the hard soaps and I think it compares quite well with the brands you have mentioned.  Actually, I prefer it over some of the brands you have mentioned, but that is one of those YMMV type of things.

I have the Dark Limes, Grapefruit, and Lavender and would/could recommend you try any or all of these three.

Biggrin

Only add to the quality and purity of the components is incredible

8 1,676
 05-17-2015, 11:38 AM
User Info
Thanks guys, just ordered the 3 Johnny recommended and added the Salty Sea Breeze to the lot - all in hard soaps with the wooden bowl.

And because I'm a nutcase I also ordered all these 4 scents in the shaving paste version, which has received som flack in reviews.....

Took a chance, will probably use the paste and soap version together in a super-lather.
Can't go wrong with the lather that way, I believe  Smile

24 5,839
 07-10-2015, 09:11 PM
User Info
(05-15-2015, 03:26 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Hey,

I enjoy creams as well as soaps, but with a rather large inventory of soaps and creams I have started to prefer soaps for their better shelf life.

And how does the Meißner rank up against the top performers such as Caties, Cold River Select, B&M, MDC, LPL, Czech & Speak, Saponifico Varesino, Acqua di Parma, Xpec etc. ??

Thanks  Smile

Did you ultimately find a difference between the two?

18 713
 07-11-2015, 06:57 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I use both the lime cream & soap. I slightly prefer the soap but I don't find there is a huge difference. 

I also occasionally super lather the cream & soap. (1 guess who taught me that! Biggrin)

So far the lime is the scent that has me most impressed.

Meissner is in my top 5 soaps. Maybe top 3. It just works for me.

159 1,315
 07-11-2015, 09:44 AM
User Info
(07-10-2015, 09:11 PM)fram773 Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 03:26 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Hey,

Thanks  Smile

Did you ultimately find a difference between the two?

I think I also slightly prefer the soap, but the paste is quite wonderful performing too  Thumbup

I now have 6 scents in both the paste and soap from Meissner, Pink Grapefruit, Dark Lime, Lavender DeLuxe, Black Beer No.1, Indian Flavour and Salty Sea Sage.
All are great scents in their own way, but my favorites are Pink Grapefruit, Dark Limes and Indian Flavour.

(07-11-2015, 06:57 AM)Steelman Wrote: I use both the lime cream & soap. I slightly prefer the soap but I don't find there is a huge difference. 

I also occasionally super lather the cream & soap. (1 guess who taught me that! Biggrin)

So far the lime is the scent that has me most impressed.

Meissner is in my top 5 soaps. Maybe top 3. It just works for me.

Glad to have inspired you, my friend  Smile

24 5,839
 07-11-2015, 10:26 AM
User Info
I find the Meissner Tremoni soaps and paste to both offer superb performance and fragrance.  

This is one instance where I have no preference relative to the soap or the paste, in part due to 
the fact that the ingredients in both are the same.  The soaps simply cure longer than the pastes.
For me, the performance and fragrance between the soap and paste are the same.

0 3,340