05-17-2015, 03:05 PM
User Info
If you have problems with longevity try these tips:

1. Spray MORE, especially on top of each other to build it up.
Perhaps wait 1 hour before leaving home after you have sprayed A LOT, if you worry about stinking too much  Biggrin

2. Spray your clothing, collar, and try spraying the backside of your hair/scalp

3. Use a moisturizer first on the place you apply the fragrance

These tips works for me.
Also an extra tip - if you feel that especially the lighter fresh citrus fragrances don't last, you're not crazy. The molecules in these lighter frags are of a nature, so they evaporate faster.

I have found a solution. I use a fragrance that contains a lot of ISO E Super as a first layer before I apply the fragrance I hope will last longer by doing this trick.
I use these two rather expensive fragrances to build up my citrus frags on - Molecules 01 and Escentric 01.

These two frags works fine by themselves, some can smell them, some can't. Depends on your nose.
But if you aply them as first layer and then put on the citrus frag, the citrus frag will tend to last a lot longer on my skin.
For instance Dior Eau Sauvage lasts 3-4 hours on my skin - 8-10 sprays.
If I use Molecules 01 first, 4-5 sprays, and then 5-6 sprays of Eau Sauvage, I can smell the Eau sauvage clearer and I get 6-8 hours longevity.

Have also tested this with a lot of other citrus fragrances in my collection - and I own 80-100 citrus based frags.

Try it, it may works on your skin too  Smile

24 5,967
 05-17-2015, 04:24 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
You can always depend on Claus for frag tips! I think, I need to get inside your boxes with 500 bottles, beats department store visit  Biggrin

88 4,233
 05-17-2015, 05:18 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
PLAN B buy some of the sample vials or a similar empty bottle and carry a few. Then, as you see the 20 something girl alone at the bar just re freshen along with your pocket sized breath deodorant. Just don't mix them up in your excitement.

2 3,171
 05-17-2015, 10:29 PM
User Info
(05-17-2015, 05:18 PM)kav Wrote: PLAN B buy some of the sample vials or a similar empty bottle and carry a few. Then, as you see the 20 something girl alone at the bar just re freshen along with your pocket sized breath deodorant. Just don't mix them up in your excitement.
Lol, agreed. Have done this back in my unmarried days.

1 1,975
 05-17-2015, 11:24 PM
User Info
Interesting ideas. I try not to spray my clothing though, I've ruined a few nice things that way.

2 106
 05-18-2015, 06:09 AM
User Info
I would like to add that our perceptions of scent longevity are skewed. Our brain ignores the scent after a while, but it is still there. My $.02.  Biggrin

39 3,919
 05-18-2015, 07:15 AM
User Info
(05-18-2015, 06:09 AM)primotenore Wrote: I would like to add that our perceptions of scent longevity are skewed. Our brain ignores the scent after a while, but it is still there. My $.02.  Biggrin
+1. I find that i too cannot smell anything after a couple mins with anything i have on, but my wife insists that i smell good throughout the day. So has a great nose!

1 1,975
 05-18-2015, 08:30 AM
User Info
Other use the body wash, shower gel lines and body lotions of the fragrances they use to project more...

0 280
 05-18-2015, 02:21 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
There are certainly differences in fragrances that are truly short lived and those that seem to be short lived due to desensitization.  One example is Issey Miyake.  I enjoy this in the Summer but usually can't detect it by lunch  at the office.  One day when I came home, though, my 13 year old daughter told me I smelled really good which totally caught me off guard.

144 2,752
 05-27-2015, 04:22 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I was once told by a rep, long ago, that splashes last longer than spray versions. I don't remember exactly why, this was thirty years ago.

7 2,327