05-21-2015, 04:00 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I just want to share with you my latest acquisition , the Nero Ardesia shaving brush , made with pride by an artisan (Massimiliano) in Genoa , Italy.

[Image: nero1_zpsseur6siu.jpg]

The handle is made of black slate , coomon to fin in that region of Italy.Let me tell you , the handle is beyond gorgeous and neither of my pics do a true justice to its real beauty.Its also heavy , more than many resin handles out there , with an excellent grip , due to the shape and the ridges that Massimiliano made for it on the sides.

[Image: nero2_zpszzweltww.jpg]

The hair of this brush is silvertip , but I dont know where is he outsourcing it from.The tips are very white and feels so soft , even when dry.I know that Ardesia will be providing quality knots made in somewhere in the UK  Biggrin very soon (as soon as next month) , but this badger hair feels quiet luxurious , with a good amount of badger hair on it.

[Image: nero3_zpshsbuxhdt.jpg]

I also liked that Massimiliano pays attention to the minimal detail , including engraving my name on the brush , as you can see on the previous pic.For what I understand , there are not two handles alike , making them a unique piece of Massimiliano creation.

This is a distinctive brush in itself , quiet elegant , with a not common material for a handle , which have surprised me (for good ). Due to those reasons , it raised my attention and now Im glad that I got it.Ill be testing it in the next couple days and report back.

If you have a FB account , here is the Nero Ardesia page , if you want to check more of his creations : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nero-Arde...?pnref=lhc

88 7,214
 05-21-2015, 05:54 PM
  • Bony
  • New York , USA
User Info
Teiste this is great looking brush , and with your  name on it is yours forever . Enjoy  ! Biggrin

10 415
 05-21-2015, 07:11 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
An impressive looking brush, all the more with the famous name engraved on it. I'm looking forward to hearing about after your test run.

38 5,034
 05-21-2015, 09:19 PM
User Info
Very good looking brush! Congrats!

From my Tab through the Tap

1 1,975
 05-21-2015, 11:59 PM
User Info
Teiste, that is quite a stunning brush.......... A beautiful organic natural material, a true artisan  Enjoy.

Charles  U.K

0 2,428
 05-22-2015, 09:00 AM
User Info
It's pretty but is it comfortable to hold?

0 131
 05-22-2015, 09:56 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
While I am personally not a big fan of heavy handle brushes (metal and marble has been my experience) that hanlde is indeed a very beautiful work of art.  I wonder where he is sourcing the knots from, it looks like it is inserted in a plastic cup similar to the Omega boar knots.

139 2,677
 05-22-2015, 11:43 AM
User Info
Great looker, but is it ergonomic ?

24 5,849