05-22-2015, 11:49 AM
User Info
Just wondering if any of you have any experience with these soaps. Compared to soaps like B&M, Catie's, CSRW, etc. there seems to be very little info out there. When I go to Maggards website there aren't many reviews but if you select to see 'ALL soaps and Creams' and then sort them by 'Most Popular' the Soap Smooth are all pretty far up towards the top of the list. I've been eyeing Lyon, Cognac, and Versailles for awhile but was hoping to get a little input from some who may have tried some of Soap Smooth's offerings.

3 908
 05-22-2015, 12:19 PM
User Info
I had Lyon (formerly known as LE #1) for a time. Loved the scent - great peppery musky kind of thing, felt sophisticated. Scent strength was lacking, and I've just generally found all 5-ingredient vegan soaps (Seifenglatt, WSP, LASSCo, Catie's) dry my skin out more than something with at least shea butter if not tallow.

If you like vegan it's a good choice but there's a lot of soap in each jar so be wary.

15 1,018
 05-26-2015, 11:32 PM
  • cmh8890
  • Atlanta, GA
User Info
I had a tub of Seifenglatt Versailles. It had a pleasant scent but was too subtle for me. The performance was OK, just nothing to brag about. And it's way overpriced IMO. It lags far behind the other soaps mentioned in the OP. 

13 645
 06-10-2015, 03:29 AM
User Info
Excellent soap !!!!

In my favorite !!! I got special order recently, which was made for the Russian forum about shaving
Excellent soap and aroma !!!
In constant using three shaving soap from this Artisan[Image: wUYbJwt.jpg][Image: 5tw3OTL.jpg][Image: GaeGc0S.jpg]

0 37
 06-11-2015, 01:06 PM
User Info
Well, there's a reason I chose Seifenglatt (Soap Smooth) to make my soaps. I took me awhile to choose the manufacturer (1 1/2 - 2 years?).

I chose them not so much for the existing scents, because I'm quite scent sensitive, but for what I knew that they were making for soap.

32 6,445
 06-12-2015, 02:10 AM
User Info
 06-12-2015, 02:21 AM
User Info
(06-12-2015, 02:10 AM)Freelancer Wrote: ShadowsDad , especially for you
[Image: Sicrhzu.jpg]

0 37
 06-12-2015, 02:56 AM
User Info
My first foray into these soaps was because I wanted both of the Kramperts's Finest offerings, Bay Rum and Frostbite.  I was very happy to learn that this soap is noticeably slicker that MdC, which happened to be the soap I was using at the time. I prefer the (Seifenglatt-made) Krampert's Finest. Slickness and ease of lathering are my most important variables that I look for in a favored soap. Krampert's fragrances in these soaps are not weak or subdued. Neither are they overwhelming.  These are soaps that I always look forward to using when they come up in the rotation.

24 1,208