05-22-2015, 03:34 PM
User Info
I scoff at the thought of paying $100 for a bottle of cologne. A lot of the money you pay for those really just goes towards advertising. but I also cringe that often times cheap cologne smells overpowering and cheap. I remember the proprietor of an African-themed store once tried to sell me some scented oils, some formulated after popular $$$ perfumes such as Armani Code. I am not a fan of them. Everyone has them and all the samples they stuff in magazines seem to smell the same to me.

I wanted something more exotic, so I learned about these perfumes. They are made in a variety of Arab countries. Three of the ones I ordered were made in United Arab Emirates and one was made in Saudi Arabia. The ones I ordered are Sultan, Dalal, White Musk, and Musk Al Madinah. I got a 6ml roll-on bottle for $2.95 each. You can also get a 6 pack box of roll-ons for $10.50. Needless to say, they are very economical. Take into account that these are concentrated oils and last longer than alcohol spray perfumes.

They met my expectations in that they where exotic. Definitely very eastern. DO NOT judge them by how they smell in the roll on bottle. The Sultan smells quite strong in the bottle but it is not so on the skin. Also, I initially disliked the Dalal and thought it smelled very feminine. Out of them my favourite are the Sultan and Dalal. The Sultan is the most masculine. I am not very good at describing scents. All I can say is that it is a very unique and complex blend, very eastern and evocative of an Arabian Nights motif. The Dalal may remind one of Cuba Royale or Paco Rabanne One Million. It has been said that Cuba Royale is a good cheap alternative to 1 million but IMO Dalal is by far better due to its oil format; you don't get any of the initial burning scent in the nose because of the alcohol. It may be said that that Al Rehab is even more economical than Cuba Royale.

The White Musk is nice but it smells a bit one-dimensional. The Musk Al Madinah is a nice floral musk type scent but isn't really my thing, and it seems a little more suited for women in my opinion. Keep in mind that the sandalwood description given by the vendor, is reminiscent of the Proraso red scent, not the artificial sandalwood used by Stirling or most sandalwoods. Here are the descriptions from the vendor:

SULTAN: Description by Al-Rashad Books: "Sultan has a  Powdery Woody musk fragrance with white musk, oudh and very soft rose. A DEEP mystifying aroma.  Popular among men."

WHITE MUSK:  This is a unisex perfume oil with musky fragrance.   

Musk Al Madinah: unisex fragrance featuring sandalwood and white musk.

Dalal: has a lighter fruity sweet floral with Jasmine and Vanilla  loved by men and women.

With all these positive things there has to be something negative. The only complaint I have is that the staying power is short-- 4-5 hours. Yes it does last longer than that, but you have to get up real close. Still, the containers they come in are very handy-sized and are easily applied if needed. No mess due to the roll-on design. I am definitely looking forward to trying more Al Rehab scents.

[Image: k7Gop5u.jpg]

18 713
 05-23-2015, 01:28 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
.....where did you purchase these oils??

45 1,066
 05-23-2015, 01:50 PM
User Info
I bought them from Al Rashad books. They sell on amazon but its cheaper to purchase from them directly.

http://www.al-rashad.com/

18 713
 05-23-2015, 02:27 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
...thank you, fram

45 1,066
 05-23-2015, 02:36 PM
User Info
These fragrances are an excellent value, I have some myself. The Al-Rehab Silver is similar to Creed Silver mountain water ..etc.

You can find more Info on youtube.
A fun channel to watch is Babbs  review.

He has been mixing the Al Rehab Oil frangrances with Alcohol to make them more similar to conventional scents in performance. Seems like they are improved by doing so.
For experimenting and collecting experience with fragrances, the Al Rehab stuff is a great buy  Smile

21 1,175
 05-24-2015, 02:56 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
...........Bibbelmann, thank you for posting the video......
.........very informative.......

45 1,066
 05-24-2015, 11:50 PM
User Info
I bought 4 recently. Silver, Dakar, Sultan and Khaliji. Dakar is just like Drakkar Noir and last longer than the rest. Still the bottle are a nice size to keep in your pocket to top up the scent. I'll have to try mixing with some alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 126
 07-11-2015, 07:10 PM
User Info
From the Al Rashad site. Some descriptions are missing.
For Men:
Al Fares: Woody Floral.
Aseel: Woody musk fragrance with Oudh Mubakhar(smoked), musk and hints of caramel and Vanilla. A Classic.
Champion Black: Heavy musk aroma with woody overtones. Has potent blend of amber, citrus, rose, jasmine and musk.
Dakar: Exotic Woody fragrance with Arabic & French ingredients. Cool, Spicy, Aquatic and refreshingly Arabian.
Dehn Al-Oud: Woody Arabian fragrance with scent of sweet butter, smoked wood and Honey. Of Pristine quality.
Khaliji: Spicy sweet citrus floral aroma with Golden flower. Has fresh musk-like aroma. Classic blend.
Lord: Lighter Oriental musk with spices and sweet citrus earth tones. Has a golden aroma.
Mokhalat Dubai: Spicy sweet and woody aroma. Similar to Khalta a Saudi Arabian attar with wood/Herbal essences.
Prince: Sweet woody fragrance with light musk overtones from the wood.
Secret Man: Sweet and woody fragrance with hints of citrus. A very oriental cool fresh scent.
Sondos: Golden sandalwood mixed with Damascus Rose. Sophisticated Arabian sweet and sour musk smell.
Sultan: A Powdery Woody musk fragrance with white musk, oudh and very soft rose. A DEEP mystifying aroma.
Superman: Very pleasant DEEP musk fragrance with mystery Arabian spices and woody tones!
Unisex 
Africana: Has floral notes of Gulala flower, a very intense sweet aroma and Jasmin. Wood notes of Oudh.
Al Sharquiah: Heavy Woody-Oudh and amber smoky sweet smell with florals. Spicy-musk tones. Great for Men/Women.
Aroosah: Woody Floral. Well liked and popular among women and also appreciated by men.
Bakhour: Lovely sweet musk and floral blend with white musk, amber rose and Jasmine.
Balkis: Oriental feminine fragrance enriched with vanilla.
Classic: Floral and Musk combined with expertise to create a sweet and wood like aroma. A Classic.
Crystal: Sweet warm and fruity floral blend with a spicy and soft woodsy effect. Excellent for Men/Woman.
Dakar: Cool, Spicy, Aquatic and refreshingly Arabian. Preferred by men.
Dalal: Lighter fruity sweet floral with Jasmine and Vanilla.
Original: Sweet spicy Oriental floral bouquet. Has slight pleasant musk feel.
Randa: Lovely woody sweet fragrance enriched with Jasmin, amber, oudh and saffron.
Saat Safa: Sophisticated Woody Fragrance with Oudh, Jasmine,musk,citrus,moss,Amber and Moss. Sweet & smokey.
Shadha: Sweet Exotic oriental blend of spicy floral and sweet notes. Nice and mysterious fragrance.
Shaikhah: Spectacular Woody fragrance with warm oudh, amber and rose blended to a spicy-musk Perfection.
Silver: Woody Floral Oriental Musk fragrance with light and refreshing tones. A cool citrus aqua musk scent.

18 713
 07-12-2015, 10:02 AM
User Info
Al Rehab is the RazoRock brand of fragrances Biggrin 

They make copies of a lot of other pricier perfumes.

Especially Al Rehab Silver is popular as it's a copy of Creed Silver Mountain Water and a very nice copy IMHO

I own Creed SMW, so don't need the Al Rehab, but I respect Al Rehab for making well made clones.

Another brand to consider if you like well made clones is Armaf.

24 5,966
 07-12-2015, 10:10 AM
User Info
Nice write up. I'm not one to spend big bucks on Cologne.

8 2,718
 07-12-2015, 10:35 AM
User Info
(05-24-2015, 11:50 PM)fly3k Wrote: I bought 4 recently. Silver, Dakar, Sultan and Khaliji. Dakar is just like Drakkar Noir and last longer than the rest. Still the bottle are a nice size to keep in your pocket to top up the scent. I'll have to try mixing with some alcohol.

Hello Steve.

We haven't corresponded for a short time.

I haven't pursued the perfume scented oil theme for a while.. just bought a few of the EDTs recommended in another place.

Did you get to experiment with alcohol?  (in the smellies, I mean)  Smile

Where did yours come from....the Al Rehab site?

0 66
 07-12-2015, 12:58 PM
User Info
(07-12-2015, 10:02 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Al Rehab is the RazoRock brand of fragrances Biggrin 

Especially Al Rehab Silver is popular as it's a copy of Creed Silver Mountain Water and a very nice copy IMHO

I own Creed SMW, so don't need the Al Rehab, but I respect Al Rehab for making well made clones.

Nice!

What are you favourites of the Armaf line, Claus? Had to ask!  Smile

Philipp

21 1,175
 07-12-2015, 02:00 PM
User Info
(07-12-2015, 12:58 PM)Bibbelmann Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 10:02 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Al Rehab is the RazoRock brand of fragrances Biggrin 

Nice!

What are you favourites of the Armaf line, Claus? Had to ask!  Smile

Philipp

Only own two Armafs:

Armaf Club de Nuit Intense for Men - a very well made Creed Aventus clone, did I say VERY WELL MADE !! (I also own Creed Aventus of course, and two other clones)
Armaf Club de Nuit Intense (notice for Men is missing from the name, very important detil) - a very well made Tom Ford Noir de Noir clone (I also own Tom Ford Noir de Noir)

24 5,966
 07-12-2015, 02:17 PM
User Info
These are the most well  known, I think. The CdNuit Intense men I cannot even find on fragrantica anymore! Maybe too much of a clone.
The Idivo is said to be similar...

Thank you, Claus! Coming from you makes not  sound it worse Smile

21 1,175
 07-12-2015, 11:17 PM
User Info
(07-12-2015, 10:35 AM)Dan.Nevost Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 11:50 PM)fly3k Wrote: I bought 4 recently. Silver, Dakar, Sultan and Khaliji. Dakar is just like Drakkar Noir and last longer than the rest. Still the bottle are a nice size to keep in your pocket to top up the scent. I'll have to try mixing with some alcohol.

Hello Steve.

I haven't pursued the perfume scented oil theme for a while.. just bought a few of the EDTs recommended in another place.

Hello Dan

It's been a while. These are Al Rehab scents but I also have some from perfume parlour. I have tried mixing the oils with a little vodka to test out and they do seem to project more this was and possibly last a little longer this was. Just need to get the ratio right.

I got the Al Rehab from Amazon

Regards
Steve

0 126
 07-13-2015, 02:24 AM
User Info
(07-12-2015, 11:17 PM)fly3k Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 10:35 AM)Dan.Nevost Wrote:

Hello Steve.

Hello Dan

It's been a while. These are Al Rehab scents but I also have some from perfume parlour. I have tried mixing the oils with a little vodka to test out and they do seem to project more this was and possibly last a little longer this was. Just need to get the ratio right.

Regards
Steve

Ta for that, Steve.  Have been getting a few recommended smellies...with varying degrees of success.

So few of them last for any length of time though.  The Vetivers and Citrus ones are prob. favourites but are gone in no time.

Have only recently registered on TSN at the recommendation of Nishy.

A bit busier than the other site but a bit frustrating to see some of the BST stuff that you might fancy but presumably the postage is  prohibitive....

One bonus was the acquisition of the Paladin brush which has arrived and finding favour.

Trust things OK in Gt. Bentley.

All the best.

Stan    (or Dan here....)   

(I thought I would keep forum identities separate hence Dan. Nevost  (you'll see the tenuous connection there) but am beginning to wish I hadn't.)

0 66
 07-13-2015, 03:09 AM
User Info
(07-13-2015, 02:24 AM)Dan.Nevost Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 11:17 PM)fly3k Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 10:35 AM)Dan.Nevost Wrote: Hello Steve.

Hello Dan

Regards
Steve

Ta for that, Steve.  Have been getting a few recommended smellies...with varying degrees of success.

So few of them last for any length of time though.  The Vetivers and Citrus ones are prob. favourites but are gone in no time.

Have only recently registered on TSN at the recommendation of Nishy.

A bit busier than the other site but a bit frustrating to see some of the BST stuff that you might fancy but presumably the postage is  prohibitive....

One bonus was the acquisition of the Paladin brush which has arrived and finding favour.

Trust things OK in Gt. Bentley.

All the best.

Stan    (or Dan here....)   

(I thought I would keep forum identities separate hence Dan. Nevost  (you'll see the tenuous connection there) but am beginning to wish I hadn't.)

Hi man of many names lol

I've just got Tom Ford Grey Vetiver last week, nice smell but it doesn't last the whole day. I wish I had bought the EDP over the EDT now. Seems a lot of scents are lacking these days but I suspect the regulations are to blame.

Good luck with the Paladin you must have been quick, no doubt you'll be selling it and buying it back again soon lol. I like to think the BST here helps keep temptation away although I have bought something from one of our USA based friends on here.

All good here and I hope all is well there too.

Talk soon no doubt.

0 126
 07-13-2015, 04:01 AM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Read up on these as well as oud inspired products on the Fragrantica and Basenotes. Did a blind buy on Raghba by Lattafa and am very pleased with it. I'll definitiely try more of these eastern products

19 742
 11-09-2015, 04:17 PM
User Info
If anyone is interested I found a source of Arabian perfumes in the Chicago area:

[Image: FyK61IB.jpg]

18 713
 11-09-2015, 04:23 PM
User Info
Also apparently there is a barber that does straight razor shaves in Chicago. I have not gone and can not endorse though.[Image: wPU74iD.jpg]

18 713