06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
User Info
I'm running low on toothpaste and my toothbrush is getting worn out.

I noticed that lots of the shaving vendors sell toothpaste and toothbrushes; I might include a tube or two of toothpaste and a toothbrush in my next order.

What do you guys recommend?

I see this Marvis toothpaste quite often:

[Image: MRV003-Marvis-toothpaste-amarelli-licorice.jpg]

What are your thoughts on it? It's quite expensive, and I'm not sure if I'd be willing to spend that much on a toothpaste. But some of its flavors indeed seem rather interesting . . . Rolleyes

0 214
 06-15-2012, 11:53 AM
  • Persius
  • On the learning curve
  • Reading, England
User Info
If you try it, please let us know what it's like; I'm really intrigued to know what can make a toothpaste that pricey. I'd love to try it apart from two things: that aforementioned price issue and personally I prefer a fluoride-free toothpaste.

You're right to say that the flavours sound tempting ...

1 290
 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM
User Info
I can state from personal experience that JASON Sea Fresh Toothpaste (Fluoride Free) is an excellent toothpaste that tastes great. It also has the advantage of being available locally in the US,

37 1,731
 06-15-2012, 01:38 PM
User Info
I believe in fluoride because its the only active ingredients in toothpaste. Its also added to our drinking water in the United States. I really believe it helps prevent cavities. I like Aquafresh which is made in England. Its cheap and it works plus there are many varieties to choose from. As far as toothbrushes are concerned that is a personal preference. For me its Colgate extra soft sensitive pro relief.

98 12,360
 06-15-2012, 05:08 PM
User Info
i have been using aluminum-free baking soda mixed with peppermint oil for quite some time, now.
Jasons toothpaste is also very good.

74 20,793
 06-15-2012, 05:11 PM
User Info
I have never tried the Marvis toothpaste. I have been tempted because of the flavor variety but I can't see paying that much for toothpaste when there are brushes and razors to buy. We live in the country and our water comes from a well. We choose toothpaste with fluoride and typically stay with one of the major brands. Like the Colgate brand of brushes with a medium firmness followed by OralB.

29 1,729