05-25-2015, 08:34 AM
User Info
http://www.tpnn.com/2015/05/22/video-d-d...aha-beach/

My kind of Memorial Day remembrance.

Enjoy your Memorial Day gents!

32 6,470
 05-25-2015, 10:45 AM
User Info
Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Please take this time to honor the fallen on this day. It's easy to forget or even comprehend what this day means unless you've lived through the horrors of war. I am a combat veteran myself something I take pride in, but part of that pride is fighting under the same flag as my grandfather's did in WWII. It was only after I had been exposed to combat myself that my grandfather shared some things with me. Things no human being should haft to endure but his generation did it,voluntarily.Brave men lied about their ages to go off to distant lands and were willing to pay the ultimate price because it was the right thing to do. From WWII to Iraq and Afghanistan, brave men and women have paid the ultimate price to make America what it is today, while we may not agree with the politics of  the situation,that was not our job. I've always said hate the war not the soldier. I could go on on but I'm going to leave it at this. Old soldiers never die they just fade away...

3 1,356
 05-25-2015, 06:58 PM
User Info
That was very moving, Brian! 

83 21,109
 05-25-2015, 07:11 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(05-25-2015, 10:45 AM)Otis375 Wrote: Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Please take this time to honor the fallen on this day. It's easy to forget or even comprehend what this day means unless you've lived through the horrors of war. I am a combat veteran myself something I take pride in, but part of that pride is fighting under the same flag as my grandfather's did in WWII. It was only after I had been exposed to combat myself that my grandfather shared some things with me. Things no human being should haft to endure but his generation did it,voluntarily.Brave men lied about their ages to go off to distant lands and were willing to pay the ultimate price because it was the right thing to do. From WWII to Iraq and Afghanistan, brave men and women have paid the ultimate price to make America what it is today, while we may not agree with the politics of  the situation,that was not our job. I've always said hate the war not the soldier. I could go on on but I'm going to leave it at this. Old soldiers never die they just fade away...

Well said! To many of us, this is just a day off from work, but we should take some time to thank those who have served and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Thanks for your service, Otis, and all members here who serve their countries.

60 849