05-27-2015, 02:56 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
After using a recent batch of Gillette 7 o'clock blacks from India, I am relatively certain that the quality of these once fine blades is no longer at their former level.  Far more weepers than before and more than with other blades.  Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject?  These blades were among the best IMHO.

1 796
 05-27-2015, 05:14 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
When I visit India I acquire these very same blades. I agree with what you have said b/c they do rust very easily say after like 2 shaves. The QC isn't there b/c one blade would be superb while the other cause weepers. But there so darn cheap I just toss them with no guilt. One of the greatest pros for this blade when its not a dud, they are one the sharpest blades I've encountered that provide an effortless BBS shave.

10 963
 05-27-2015, 06:13 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
(05-27-2015, 05:14 AM)Balj86 Wrote: When I visit India I acquire these very same blades. I agree with what you have said b/c they do rust very easily say after like 2 shaves. The QC isn't there b/c one blade would be superb while the other cause weepers. But there so darn cheap I just toss them with no guilt. One of the greatest pros for this blade when its not a dud, they are one the sharpest blades I've encountered that provide an effortless BBS shave.

You are correct, the money is not the issue.  It just seems that one cannot get too comfortable with a product before it is changed, reformulated or the QC guy takes long lunch breaks.

1 796
 05-28-2015, 04:40 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
(05-27-2015, 06:13 PM)Teddyboy Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 05:14 AM)Balj86 Wrote: When I visit India I acquire these very same blades. I agree with what you have said b/c they do rust very easily say after like 2 shaves. The QC isn't there b/c one blade would be superb while the other cause weepers. But there so darn cheap I just toss them with no guilt. One of the greatest pros for this blade when its not a dud, they are one the sharpest blades I've encountered that provide an effortless BBS shave.

You are correct, the money is not the issue.  It just seems that one cannot get too comfortable with a product before it is changed, reformulated or the QC guy takes long lunch breaks.

Not everything's perfect but I think i've had this same issue with other brands too.

10 963
 05-31-2015, 09:44 AM
User Info
(05-27-2015, 06:13 PM)Teddyboy Wrote:

That's why I bought 500 of each brand of blades I love. Now I don't have to worry!

Enviado do meu telégrafo usando Tapatalk.

0 163