05-29-2015, 01:41 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Who has used any of the following Nanny's Silly Signature Soaps and can enlighten us on them? Scent, quality of lather, slickness, etc.

Arabian Nights
Bamboo & White Grape
Ice & A Slice
Moroccan Sands
Warm Spice

[Image: ik28wfj.jpg]

179 23,923
 05-29-2015, 01:58 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I have used one of her Luxury soaps, Rose Geranium, for the past year with excellent results. Lathers easily, slick, great post shave feel, very nice rose scent. I have used one of her Signature scents just once, Arabian Nights. Fairly strong scent that I really enjoyed, and also with excellent performance. However, I would need to use it a couple more times to give an accurate assessment of her Signature soaps. 

38 5,193
 05-29-2015, 02:06 PM
  • P.B
  • UK
User Info
(05-29-2015, 01:41 PM)Johnny Wrote: Who has used any of the following Nanny's Silly Signature Soaps and can enlighten us on them?  Scent, quality of lather, slickness, etc.

Arabian Nights
Bamboo & White Grape
Ice & A Slice
Moroccan Sands
Warm Spice

NSS are in my premier league along with Jabonman.  They just work with my water.  Thick lather and very slick.  Recently I used CRSW, NSS and then XPEC on consecutive days using the same razor and blade.  Each day I used Speick ASL and the NSS gave the least sting.  For me NSS Olive Oil, Original and Signature range all work equally well.

Of the scents you've listed Warm Spice and Moroccan Sands are my favorites.  I'm hopeless at describing scents but Warm Spice is Christmassy; Moroccan Sands is Ouhd, musky and is one of my all time favorite soap scents.  Arabian Nights is balsamic and dark; Bamboo & White Grape is bright and resiny / wine; Ice & a Slice has menthol and lime or lemon, good in the summer but I'm not a great fan of menthol (not hot enough often enough in England).

If someone else contradicts my scent description they are probably more accurate.  

P.S.  If you order from the UK (if shipping isn't extortionate) 25g samples are available for a few pounds

1 225
 05-29-2015, 03:15 PM
User Info
Johnny, I bought the Morrocan Sands (Signature) from Phil a couple of weeks ago, the soap lathers itself, great post shave feel and the smell is intoxicating, IMHO. I have smelled Oud scents that were ok for me, but this one really worked, I can't stop sniffing the tin  Angel

96 2,592
 05-29-2015, 03:20 PM
User Info
Glad you asked this Johnny. I have been searching to find reviews worth their salt.

From my Tab through the Tap

1 1,975
 05-29-2015, 03:42 PM
User Info
I purchased a tin of her Yushu Signature soap in January. Scent is as if Bombay Sapphire went in to the shaving business. Excellent slickness and glide. Plan on purchasing more in the near future.

160 1,040
 05-29-2015, 03:52 PM
User Info
(05-29-2015, 03:42 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote: I purchased a tin of her Yushu Signature soap in January. Scent is as if Bombay Sapphire went in to the shaving business. Excellent slickness and glide. Plan on purchasing more in the near future.

I really want to try this one; pure juniper?! I absolutely love Penhaligon's Juniper Sling so this may be a match made in heaven.

16 1,027
 05-29-2015, 04:51 PM
User Info
Haven't used it yet but I purchased Bamboo and White Grape from BullGoose a few weeks ago and I enjoy the scent. Fairly light, pleasant, clean scent, hard to describe the specifics.

0 54
 05-29-2015, 05:37 PM
User Info
(05-29-2015, 03:52 PM)crazindndude Wrote:
(05-29-2015, 03:42 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote: I purchased a tin of her Yushu Signature soap in January. Scent is as if Bombay Sapphire went in to the shaving business. Excellent slickness and glide. Plan on purchasing more in the near future.

I really want to try this one; pure juniper?! I absolutely love Penhaligon's Juniper Sling so this may be a match made in heaven.

I too am a Juniper Sling nut, so I am obliged to mention that the Yushu soap doesn't have the same hint of sweetness as the EDT. It is, however,the best soap to pair with the fragrance that I have found thus far, and I will certainly repurchase when my tin is empty. 

160 1,040
 06-04-2015, 08:40 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I have the Ice & a Slice soft soap which I suppose is nice, but I think I may have lost my taste for it somewhat.

3 2,638
 06-04-2015, 12:47 PM
User Info
(05-29-2015, 04:51 PM)Justino_14 Wrote: Haven't used it yet but I purchased Bamboo and White Grape from BullGoose a few weeks ago and I enjoy the scent. Fairly light, pleasant, clean scent, hard to describe the specifics.

If you've tried CRSW Puro Fresco, can you compare it? I'm getting similar "clean and fresh" vibes from the Nanny's.

16 1,027
 06-11-2015, 02:03 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I just looked around the website. Are these a hard soap or cream?

2 3,171
 06-11-2015, 08:06 PM
  • eggs
  • Norway
User Info
Croap, more like cream than a hard soap.

0 18
 06-12-2015, 02:00 AM
User Info
Nanny's have been one of my favourite artisan soap makers for years.
I really love her soaps. great performance and the scents are very well made and pleasant. 

And Sharon Baxter, the soap-maker, is a very nice person to deal with, always very helpful.

My favourite scent from her is "The Spicy One". One of the best scents that I've tried in all of Shavedom. I only wish that she made that scent in the "Signature" or "hard soap" formulation.

2 5,548