06-15-2012, 06:02 PM
  • Notary
  • Montreal, Quebec
User Info
Hello to all. I am currently looking to purchase a used vehicle, more specifically a 2003-2005 Jeep Liberty. I have always driven 4 x 4s and AWDs. I had a 1993 YJ, and two Suzuki XL7s. The lease is over on my current XL7 and I would like to go back to a more traditional jeep, without the hefty price of a new car. And just like when I purchased my Jeep Wrangler in 1993, I believe the Liberty has character and style. I was wondering if any of you can share your experiences with the Jeep Liberty 03-05. I have done some research on the vehicle and the only two negatives are the fuel economy and their propensity for electrical problems. Fuel economy is not a real issue for me because I have a 5 min drive to work. I only drive about 50 kms a week. I am however more interested in the reliability of the vehicle and what, if any problems does it have? And as I said earlier, my last three vehicles were new and I don't want to get indebted again to purchase a car. I would like to purchase a vehicle for a cheap price, and slowly make any upgrades on my own, such as tires, mags, stereo, etc; recently I have taken an interest in off roading, besides if I spend less on a car there is more money for shave stuff. Anyways guys and gals, your advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy Shaving. Sam.

0 108
 06-15-2012, 07:15 PM
User Info
There Liberty is popular in my neck of the woods. Spacious and looks nice, even if the 4WD makes no difference in town. Some model years are under recall:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/11/autos/je.../index.htm

Not sure if this has any merit or if it is just someone blowing smoke:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/15/travel/jee...index.html

0 303
 06-15-2012, 08:39 PM
User Info
We had a 2006 Liberty and loved it....except every window regulator (power windows) all four windows mind you were replaced 3-4 times each. They tried everything when we got rid of it they were sounding like another one was getting ready to let go. Chrysler told me they had never seen a vehicle with so many regulator problems.

2 805