05-30-2015, 10:59 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
With the big day approaching soon, just wondering what you are giving your Dads?
And, if you are a Dad, is there something you think you are getting or would like to see??
Talking about soaps/creams, here Smile

62 3,010
 05-30-2015, 11:04 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
What made me think of this is my Dad called me this morning to tell me he finally JUST used for the first time this week the tallow AoS lavender soap/bowl which I have him LAST Father's Day. Doh!
And his remark was, "man, it's really lubricious." Haha!
So it had me thinking about it again for this year. I have a few in mind.

62 3,010
 05-30-2015, 11:21 AM
User Info
Good one, Matt! Sadly, my dad is still using the carts and canned goop and doesn't want to be bothered. And, here he has been telling me for so many years that he knows much more than I.  Biggrin

83 21,115
 05-30-2015, 12:10 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
(05-30-2015, 11:21 AM)celestino Wrote: Good one, Matt! Sadly, my dad is still using the carts and canned goop and doesn't want to be bothered. And, here he has been telling me for so many years that he knows much more than I.  Biggrin

I think it's a good time for a surprise gift then! Phil has a bit of a sale Wink

62 3,010
 05-30-2015, 12:28 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
In my home, Father's Day is simply Mother's Day Part II.  Biggrin

A hug from my girls is all I need. My guess is that anything you give your dad will be appreciated. Especially a gift as thoughtful as a personal grooming product. 

169 1,424
 05-30-2015, 01:27 PM
User Info
I think a classic one would be Mitchell's Wool Fat in the ceramic dish.

102 1,541
 05-30-2015, 01:31 PM
User Info
My dad uses an electric most of the time. Sad

Maybe I'll get him some nice blades for his Slim Adjustable and a lathering bowl.

My wife usually has me pick out what I want, and this year it will be a watch. Yes, it ruins the surprise, but I get what I want, and she makes me soap, so I guess I won't complain. Smile

0 1,098
 05-30-2015, 02:13 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(05-30-2015, 01:31 PM)Shannon Wrote: My dad uses an electric most of the time. Sad

Maybe I'll get him some nice blades for his Slim Adjustable and a lathering bowl.

My wife usually has me pick out what I want, and this year it will be a watch.  Yes, it ruins the surprise, but I get what I want, and she makes me soap, so I guess I won't complain. Smile

very nice.  Congrats!

169 1,424
 05-30-2015, 02:42 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Btw, wanted to say sorry if this sparks a sore heart for anyone whose Dad has passed. I know I am very fortunate my Dad is still around. We did, however, lose my Grandfather this Christmas and I am pretty sure it hurts just as much (...still ...very very very much).

62 3,010
 06-13-2015, 07:01 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
I decided to give my Dad a vintage Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shave cream in the jar. He used it for many years and was really bummed when it was discontinued. I just remembered this week that it's actually the cream he squeezed into my palm when showing me how to shave the very first time.
The circle of life.

62 3,010
 06-13-2015, 07:51 PM
User Info
Honestly I'm soaped out. However I'm really interested in some artisan soaps and I do believe my wife and kids are checking my search history on my phone. That being said I've searched "r41 twist" a lot.

Since I've discovered Mitchell's wool fat I've let everyone who comes over smell it. My dad loved the smell so I may pick him up a puck and brush even though he insists on using carts.

3 1,356
 06-13-2015, 08:28 PM
  • ncguy1
  • TARHEEL
  • North Carolina
User Info
(05-30-2015, 10:59 AM)Nero Wrote: With the big day approaching soon, just wondering what you are giving your Dads?
And, if you are a Dad, is there something you think you are getting or would like to see??
Talking about soaps/creams, here Smile

Got my dad a lather bowl from Fine Accoutrements...some soap samples to see which ones he likes before I order him some pucks and a Mongoose(since he has been eyeballing mine) Thumbsup

18 260
 06-14-2015, 08:39 AM
User Info
My father will de shave when he has the time. He owns businesses so he's constantly working still. So time isn't always on his side. I will say he doesn't used canned goop tho. He uses jack black beard lube in the shower with a cart. I asked him if there was any soaps he wanted and his answer was "why buy me something when I can just come take some of urs. U have so many that r unused." So that's that I guess. Maybe one day he will want his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82 2,249