05-31-2015, 07:32 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
Anyone know what Grapevine is? I do a search on my name and any user names regularly just to see what pops up. Went to the Grapevine link of one of my usernames. They have my videos, my Youtube cover art, etc.
There is a notice that reads "is this you?" and "Claim this page to receive paid sponsorships and customize your feed."
I do not know what Grapevine is, I never authorized them to use my image or my videos, or anything of the sort, which is obvious from the fact that they want to know if I am "me", and want me to "claim my page", etc.
What are they, are they important to get word out about my videos, and can I keep them from grabbing all of my stuff if I don't want them using it?

2 1,683
 06-01-2015, 02:07 AM
User Info
Poking around on the 'net a abit, this is what I found:

- Grapevine is a "YouTube sponsorship" company, ie they will take some of your YouTube profits and offer "opportunities"
-- By "opporunities" they seem to mean they will sell your hard work as a reviewer to a company that pays them money for it.

- The concept is broadly similar to other companies that ask for part of your YouTube revenue in exchange for guaranteed views and various intangibilities.
-- Several well respected YouTubers are not happy with the whole concept.

In short; you work more and make less, the company makes money, investors are happy.

3 4,370
 06-01-2015, 04:50 AM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
(06-01-2015, 02:07 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Poking around on the 'net a abit, this is what I found:

- Grapevine is a "YouTube sponsorship" company, ie they will take some of your YouTube profits and offer "opportunities"
-- By "opporunities" they seem to mean they will sell your hard work as a reviewer to a company that pays them money for it.

- The concept is broadly similar to other companies that ask for part of your YouTube revenue in exchange for guaranteed views and various intangibilities.
-- Several well respected YouTubers are not happy with the whole concept.

In short; you work more and make less, the company makes money, investors are happy.

Yep. I picked around a bit more and found that out. I agree with the others; I am not happy, either.

2 1,683