06-01-2015, 07:29 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
These soaps are fantastic. I am a big fan. Performance is great, they lather very easily. I used them even with the most of my aggressive razors and I had some of the most enjoyable shaves so far. The scents are excellent. As you can see, I have four of them, Green Dragon, Jasmine & Vanilla, Watermelon and Blood Orange.

[Image: 6b3abae12c6d040b87812273c11c3725.jpg]

Green Dragon is woody, earthy and very fresh. It reminds me of a walk in a forest of firs on a rainy day. One of my favorites.
Jasmine & Vanilla is terrific. I can smell more of Jasmine than Vanilla, by the way. That's not a problem for sure!
Watermelon is something between melon and watermelon. Excellent for the summer or a sunny day, like those we have in Greece!
Blood Orange is also very good! Sanguine fruit with a hint of fresh orange juice.

Wish I could try one day Cinnamon Bun or Black Dragon scents. That would be awesome.

In conclusion, I am very satisfied! I highly recommend these soaps!

49 1,939
 06-01-2015, 09:09 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
I will second everything you said here.  They are indeed fabulous. I love the Signature scent most, with the watermelon coming in a close second.  

11 678
 06-01-2015, 10:40 AM
User Info
+1

I always tell people that Dapper Dragon ain't nothing to mess with. I absolutely love the Black Dragon. Eric is an amazing artisan and comes up with a lot of unique scent profiles. Heck, even my wife loves his offerings, using the Blood Orange and Lavender Lizard on a regular basis.

6 52
 06-01-2015, 12:50 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Songwind has outstanding products!
Shaving soaps in tallow or vegan, that both perform very well

Shaving gel that nourishes the skin

Bath soaps that leave you clean and soft!

Don't miss out!

9 1,684
 06-01-2015, 05:23 PM
User Info
I have had both Vegan and Tallow version and although both were very good I really rate the Tallow version. 

Eric does custom scents and I am never sure why more people do not take advantage of this. I had a sweet orange and white chocolate scent made for me and it is the greatest scent known to man...in my opinion.

If you haven't Tried them, you are missing out Smile 

4 642
 06-02-2015, 11:29 AM
User Info
Definitely great stuff. In particular I like the Green and Black Dragons. Notable because I don't like pure anise, but the Black manages to hit with an early punch of anise that gives way to a more complex overall character.

15 1,018
 06-02-2015, 04:21 PM
User Info
DD signature is my fav I have tried so far. I will absolutely replace that scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82 2,178
 06-02-2015, 07:35 PM
User Info
Indeed, there are few trust worthy vendors on ETSY. 
Dapper Dragon is one of those. 
Greats soaps with nice price. 

2 121
 06-04-2015, 08:37 AM
User Info
Wow, thanks for all the kind words!

10 1,858
 06-04-2015, 12:36 PM
User Info
(06-04-2015, 08:37 AM)Songwind Wrote: Wow, thanks for all the kind words!

It's all well deserved. Now that I have more time to type I'll elaborate on my experience. I have more soaps than I'll ever need so I tend to load on the heavy side. DD yields a super creamy slick lather. Very protective. As stated above I love the signature scent. I like to pair it with fine American blend. I went thru my box of unused soaps and found blood orange. Awesome scent and I'll try to use it asap. I need to find my neroli tsd aftershave cause I think it will pair wonderfully. Again to those that r on the fence on DD soaps pull the trigger. It's just plain good soap.

82 2,178
 06-09-2015, 02:03 PM
User Info
Hey everyone,

Eric from Dapper Dragon has just released is Summer scent and a bunch of new soap scents. One of these scents started out as a custom order for me. It is a mix of Orange and White Chocolate. It turned out to be one of the most incredible scents I have come across and is easily my favourite.

I am quite proud of this, I hope that some of you can pick up this amazing soap scent and give it a try. If not mine, then check out the other new scents because Eric's soap is very very good, especially his Tallow version.

Have a great day,

Windsor.

4 642
 06-09-2015, 03:44 PM
User Info
(06-09-2015, 02:03 PM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Hey everyone,

Eric from Dapper Dragon has just released is Summer scent and a bunch of new soap scents. One of these scents started out as a custom order for me. It is a mix of Orange and White Chocolate. It turned out to be one of the most incredible scents I have come across and is easily my favourite.

I am quite proud of this, I hope that some of you can pick up this amazing soap scent and give it a try. If not mine, then check out the other new scents because Eric's soap is very very good, especially his Tallow version.

Have a great day,

Windsor.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check them out.

82 2,178
 06-10-2015, 02:18 AM
User Info
(06-09-2015, 03:44 PM)Skinny Rogers Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 02:03 PM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Hey everyone,

Have a great day,

Windsor.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check them out.

No worries, I suspect the Coconut Lime will be very nice scent as well. But I would urge everyone to try the White Chocolate and Orange just because it has not been done before.

4 642
 06-10-2015, 07:00 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
If it is anything close to the Coconut Lime Verbona test tallow, it will be a pleasurable scent to many noses!

9 1,684
 06-11-2015, 06:13 AM
User Info
(06-10-2015, 07:00 AM)gijames Wrote: If it is anything close to the Coconut Lime Verbona test tallow, it will be a pleasurable scent to many noses!

The very same!

10 1,858
 06-11-2015, 06:50 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Great news!

49 1,939
 07-03-2015, 10:30 AM
User Info
Is any of these soaps smell like Sir Irisch Moos? I love this scent...

0 2
 07-08-2015, 12:59 AM
User Info
[Image: yjYzGkM.jpg]Can a soap some how lose it's scent? I received my Dapper Dragon Blood Orange yesterday and my fiancée says it smells like wax. I haven't been able to smell it yet.

33 240
 07-08-2015, 09:30 AM
User Info
(07-03-2015, 10:30 AM)gstefanoudis Wrote: Is any of these soaps smell like Sir Irisch Moos? I love this scent...

I don't actually know what SIM smells like, but I am guessing not. Smile

(07-08-2015, 12:59 AM)JeffersonIII Wrote: [Image: yjYzGkM.jpg]Can a soap some how lose it's scent? I received my Dapper Dragon Blood Orange yesterday and my fiancée says it smells like wax. I haven't been able to smell it yet.

I exchanged messages with Jefferson in PM, but thought I'd answer it here as it's a useful thing to know.

Any soap can lose its scent - once the aromatic molecules are all gone, they're gone. Certain things can accelerate or slow it. Hot weather and open containers make it happen faster. Keeping it closed when possible and storing in a cool place when not in use for a long time will slow it down.

Different types of scents are more volatile than others. In general, citrus will wear off relatively fast. Of the scents we've carried, Blood Orange (v1) was probably the most fragile. For this reason among others, I've removed it from our store and will be recreating a similar scent based on Blood Orange EO.

However, it's also possible for a soap to lose its scent on the outer layers but still have plenty of FO/EO left once you go a few millimeters in. If you DD soap (or any soap, really) seems to have run out of scent, try gouging a furrow across the top. If that releases more scent, that means you just need to lather it a few times to take off the outermost layer.

10 1,858
 07-08-2015, 10:00 AM
User Info
(07-08-2015, 09:30 AM)Songwind Wrote:
(07-03-2015, 10:30 AM)gstefanoudis Wrote: Is any of these soaps smell like Sir Irisch Moos? I love this scent...

I don't actually know what SIM smells like, but I am guessing not. Smile

(07-08-2015, 12:59 AM)JeffersonIII Wrote: [Image: yjYzGkM.jpg]Can a soap some how lose it's scent? I received my Dapper Dragon Blood Orange yesterday and my fiancée says it smells like wax. I haven't been able to smell it yet.

I exchanged messages with Jefferson in PM, but thought I'd answer it here as it's a useful thing to know.

Any soap can lose its scent - once the aromatic molecules are all gone, they're gone. Certain things can accelerate or slow it. Hot weather and open containers make it happen faster. Keeping it closed when possible and storing in a cool place when not in use for a long time will slow it down.

Different types of scents are more volatile than others. In general, citrus will wear off relatively fast. Of the scents we've carried, Blood Orange (v1) was probably the most fragile. For this reason among others, I've removed it from our store and will be recreating a similar scent based on Blood Orange EO.

However, it's also possible for a soap to lose its scent on the outer layers but still have plenty of FO/EO left once you go a few millimeters in. If you DD soap (or any soap, really) seems to have run out of scent, try gouging a furrow across the top. If that releases more scent, that means you just need to lather it a few times to take off the outermost layer.
I'll try scrapping a layer off to see if it comes back. If not, could I add natural fruit to it to give it sent?

33 240