06-03-2015, 02:18 AM
User Info
I love beer. My absolute favorite is Carlsberg Elephant. I don't like the mass produced American beers (e.g., Budweiser, Miller, Pabst, etc.) because they offer little taste and body. While the American "micro-breweries" offer for sale beers and ales with distinct flavor, I find many too "complexed" for my enjoyment. Elephant is, in my humble opinion, a malt liquor with a pronounced, yet clean, taste. It has the perfect balance of weight, which is not nearly as heavy (or thick) as found in stout or porter, but which is far better than the mass produced American brands. I can savor the taste of the beverage after it has been swallowed. I can enjoy Elephant during the cold winter months as well as being refreshed by it during the hot summer months. My only complaint is that Elephant is packaged in bottles smaller than the standard 12 ounce; and I would certainly pay more for a six-pack were the bottles standard 12 ounce. Anyone else like Elephant? If not, what is your favorite adult beverage?

0 43
 06-03-2015, 02:44 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I've not come across Elephant, but that's not surprising as I don't drink bottled or canned beer or ale.  My favourite drink is either Guinness or an English bitter, both draught, of course.

7 909
 06-23-2015, 03:30 PM
User Info
(06-03-2015, 02:18 AM)JayBird-NJ Wrote: I love beer.  My absolute favorite is Carlsberg Elephant.  I don't like the mass produced American beers (e.g., Budweiser, Miller, Pabst, etc.) because they offer little taste and body.  While the American "micro-breweries" offer for sale beers and ales with distinct flavor, I find many too "complexed" for my enjoyment.  Elephant is, in my humble opinion, a malt liquor with a pronounced, yet clean, taste.  It has the perfect balance of weight, which is not nearly as heavy (or thick) as found in stout or porter, but which  is far better than the mass produced American brands.  I can savor the taste of the beverage after it has been swallowed.  I can enjoy Elephant during the cold winter months as well as being refreshed by it during the hot summer months.  My only complaint is that Elephant is packaged in bottles smaller than the standard 12 ounce; and I would certainly pay more for a six-pack were the bottles standard 12 ounce.  Anyone else like Elephant?  If not, what is your favorite adult beverage?

Thumbup  love the elephant. You're right abut the size though.

2 546
 06-24-2015, 08:26 AM
User Info
Haven't seen Elephant in a long time. I remember it had a cult reputation when I was in high school.

8 917
 06-24-2015, 11:09 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
I'm unfamiliar with the Elephant brew. Your description of the beer is making me thirsty! I am only in love with 2 American beers - Samuel Adams Boston Lager and SA Octoberfest. They've been my main beers since 1984. Must look for Carlsberg Elephant. I want to try it.

7 2,156
 06-25-2015, 10:13 AM
User Info
For those of you that haven't had it...  It's like a bud light platinum version of Carlsberg.  7.4% I think it is. It is good but it can def sneak up on ya!

1 109
 06-25-2015, 10:36 AM
User Info
I don't know if this beer is available anywhere but Alabama, but we have s brewery pretty close to my house called back 40. Their best beers so far tebd to be naked pig and truck stop ale. Dunno if it's available where you are but if you can get it try it.

3 1,356
 06-25-2015, 08:37 PM
User Info
Had my first two Elephant beers while deployed to Holstebro, Denmark.  I was celebrating my promotion to 1st Lt.  I remember a buddy and I riding bicycles into town in the afternoon...we walked back.  They will.cite you for BUI,  biking under the influence.  Great stuff, as are most Danish brews, and I sampled quite a few.  

My son's all love my story and had to try the Elephants on their own.

19 101