06-04-2015, 06:11 AM
User Info
Does anyone have any experience with the Ted Pella injector blades? Will the fit into a standard Gillette/Schick injector razor?How would they compare to Gillette Platinum-Plus blades?I'm almost out of my P-P blades & am starting to panic! Thanks now for any info......Ernie

20 441
 06-04-2015, 06:15 AM
User Info
of course they will fit. All I've used is the Personna PTFE (Pella) blades and the Personna 74 blades and can't tell the difference. They're high quality don't worry

18 713
 06-04-2015, 07:10 AM
User Info
Have you tried the current version of the Schick blades? They are pretty excellent and available locally quite often. They carry them for $4.99 for a 7 pack at my local grocery store. I prefer them to the Gillette PP's and like them just as well as my NOS Schick Plus Platinums.

43 207
 06-04-2015, 07:43 PM
User Info
Thanks for the info,I will order the Pellas for now.It's great they come in a box of 250.I have quite a few Schick blades,I haven't had much luck with the Schicks I seem to only get 2 shaves then they  pull like sand paper,they then hit the garbage can..........Ernie

20 441
 06-04-2015, 08:06 PM
User Info
In my experience the Chinese Schicks have the the superior injector blade. I've never tried a 74 though. I have used the Personna blades from Ted Pella and much prefer the Chinese Schicks. I've heard that there is another country that manufactures (or manufactured) Schick injector blades but they weren't as good as the Chinese made ones. I think the other company was Germany but don't hold me to that. 

31 8,057
 06-08-2015, 11:06 AM
User Info
The only injector blades for the shaving market are Schick and Personna - both are part of Energizer. There are other manufacturers of Injectors, but they are for industrial use. Certain guys use carpets blades in their Durham Duplex's instead of official hair blades so YMMV.

0 280
 06-22-2015, 07:28 AM
User Info
The current Schick & Personna blades are good performers, IME the Schick blade is a bit sharper & Personna is smoother and lasts ~1-3 more shaves.  The biggest difference is a Schick Metal Dispenser vs. Personna Plastic Dispenser, usually I have to twist/tweak the Personna to allow the blade to load smooth & straight. 

My Preference are for Vintage; #1 choice NOS Schick Plus Platinum, #2 NOS Schick Platinum & #3 NOS Personna Super Stainless, Vintage Carbon Steel blades are more of a crap shoot, depending on how they're stored, and I try to avoid them.

1 181