06-05-2015, 09:29 AM
User Info
http://usa.loccitane.com/ - Yes, now Plisson brushes ($30) are available in the US.

29 275
 06-05-2015, 09:39 AM
  • ThomTT
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Picked two up at a store yesterday here in NY. One for me one for my brother.

4 14
 06-05-2015, 09:39 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I heard from the rep in the store that they were changing something about the brush. I don't know if it was the Plisson branding, or if they're changing something more substantial. She said "They had to pull them, because there were people selling them on eBay for large profits."

Let me grant that she was a low-level store clerk, and she may have had no idea whatsoever what she was talking about. She seemed to know that there was a brush, and she seemed to know that it was somewhat in demand, but other than that, she could have been full of bunk...

22 823
 06-05-2015, 09:42 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(06-05-2015, 09:39 AM)chamm Wrote: I heard from the rep in the store that they were changing something about the brush. I don't know if it was the Plisson branding, or if they're changing something more substantial. She said "They had to pull them, because there were people selling them on eBay for large profits."

Let me grant that she was a low-level store clerk, and she may have had no idea whatsoever what she was talking about. She seemed to know that there was a brush, and she seemed to know that it was somewhat in demand, but other than that, she could have been full of bunk...

I was told by the manager , in the local L'occitane store here in SLC  , that they're changing the brushes due to some problems with the handles.Seems that some of the handles had problems with the varnish and many were returned by not very happy customers.Who knows , maybe they will sell a brush like the Maison du Barbier with the L'occitane logo.

88 7,214
 06-05-2015, 09:43 AM
User Info
In terms of changes, I would personally just like to see the more fan shaped style knot the original lOccitane Plisson brushes once had come back..

65 799
 06-05-2015, 09:45 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I just got one of the originals, and I just placed an order for one of these, so I'll be able to compare next week. At first glance, it's possible that only the logo changed. (The old logo just said "Plisson" while the new logo, at least on the website, says "Plisson Pour L'Occitane." Maybe that was enough to address the "eBay problem" the clerk mentioned.

Time should tell...

22 823
 06-05-2015, 09:47 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Incidentally, you can use the promo code "WELCOME15" for free shipping, a free full bar of (bath) soap, plus a couple samples. Certainly worth typing in 9 letters, and I can verify that it worked for me.

22 823
 06-05-2015, 09:47 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(06-05-2015, 09:43 AM)Bravado13 Wrote: In terms of changes, I would personally just like to see the more fan shaped style knot the original lOccitane Plisson brushes once had come back..

I really doubt that Plisson will released a fan shaped knot brush but well see.

88 7,214
 06-05-2015, 10:08 AM
User Info
MODS-Can we merge this thread with this?  http://shavenook.com/thread-plisson-brus...ack?page=2

79 1,296
 06-05-2015, 10:09 AM
User Info
I tried "WECOME15" works!!! not a bad deal at all!
i presume these will go quick!

14 482
 06-05-2015, 11:36 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
I wonder if they changed something with the loft.  I did not have one of the originals, but the main complaint I heard about them is that they were floppy.  I just picked mine up and it's not floppy.

3 531
 06-05-2015, 04:39 PM
User Info
Wasn´t the second generation supposed to have a little more backbone? It is on the market for some time now..
Whatever, I have one of those for more than half a year and it is a soft, springy brush.

21 1,175
 06-05-2015, 05:06 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
(06-05-2015, 09:29 AM)a-strong Wrote: http://usa.loccitane.com/ - Yes, now Plisson brushes ($30) are available in the US.

...thank you for letting  us know....... just bought one.........!
......i was just in a l'occitane store today...... and they didn't have the brushes.........

43 1,063
 06-05-2015, 06:35 PM
User Info
I paid $55 each plush tax (free shipping) for my two L'Occitane Plisson brushes a little over a year ago. Regardless of what version this current one is, this is one heck of a brush for $30. 

I was even able to buy a couple at the $30 price months ago for a good friend of mine & his wife who I helped get in to traditional shaving. Most of the people that I know who traditional shave using a Plisson synthetic and who don't get caught up in the forums are more than happy with the Plisson and don't even desire to try my dusty old badger brushes that are shelf queens now. 

I've not shaved with a natural hair brush for close to a year and a half now. Plisson brushes see my face 98% of the time now. So enjoy your amazing $30 investment. It should be a brush that will serve you splendidly for a long time. 

31 8,055
 06-05-2015, 07:22 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(06-05-2015, 04:39 PM)Bibbelmann Wrote: Wasn´t the second generation supposed to have a little more backbone? It is on the market for some time now..
Whatever, I have one of those for more than half a year and it is a soft, springy brush.

I had one of the 2nd generation ones and I recently traded it. Having immediately regretted it, I purchased a 1st generation a few weeks ago. That being said, I thought that this 1st generation was a little floppier than the 2nd. I didn't know if it was my imagination or if this was really the case. I never had them at the same time, so I could never do a direct comparison. Any members here have both generations? I am contemplating snagging one of these at this price.

72 1,224
 06-05-2015, 07:26 PM
User Info
(06-05-2015, 09:47 AM)chamm Wrote: Incidentally, you can use the promo code "WELCOME15" for free shipping, a free full bar of (bath) soap, plus a couple samples. Certainly worth typing in 9 letters, and I can verify that it worked for me.

Thank you for the tip - it worked for me, too.

0 2
 06-05-2015, 08:56 PM
User Info
WELCOME15 works for me also - ordered a Plisson brush ($30), received a soap bar and some samples plus free shipping. So, Plisson brushes, albeit in a single option format, are back in the US. Hopefully, there will be no backorder and I will get mine in a few days.

29 275
 06-06-2015, 05:15 PM
User Info
There are three stores in Miami.  I went to the one close to my house and they had just received 3 brushes for their inventory.  I bought one and will be sending it to Peter Wolf/Wolf Whiskers to have the knot transplanted into one of his custom handles.

48 5,716
 06-07-2015, 05:14 PM
User Info
(06-05-2015, 04:39 PM)Bibbelmann Wrote: Wasn´t the second generation supposed to have a little more backbone? It is on the market for some time now..

I have one of the original ones from the L'O store and I also have a newer one I got direct from Plisson.  The newer one does seem just slightly more dense. Both very nice brushes.

[Image: o4iEg8u.jpg]

5 1,516
 06-08-2015, 10:26 AM
User Info
i have the first generation one from loccitane labeled "Plisson" with no Loccitane label. i also purchased this deal above for the newest one. one received i will be able to tell if there are any differences and i will make sure to post comments here.

14 482