06-06-2015, 11:14 AM
User Info
Bob Quinn's (Elite Razor) E7 is one of my favorite custom handles, and I have acquired several over the years.  Up to now, all my E7's have been with badger knots.  However, since last year I've been trying various synthetics and the results for me have been excellent.  I learned that Bob is now carrying 24mm Pur Tech knots, which are 4th generation knots and considered among the best of the current synthetics.  I have been wanting to try a Pur Tech knot for some time.  When I saw that Bob was running a 15% off sale, I figured it was the time to get my first E7 synthetic.

Bob calls the material Alternate Casein, and I've seen it called by other names.  To me it's stripped ivory.

[Image: CL49M6G.jpg]   

[Image: 4DYUVxH.jpg]

The handle is simply stunning and reflects Bob's usual craftmanship.  I had the knot set low - 50mm.  This low loft works for me, as I like backbone and I'm not looking for a lot of splay.  This knot set at 50mm performs and feels like a smaller version of the Chubby 2 synthetic, which is my preferred synthetic brush.  However, this knot will work well set at a loft of anywhere from 50-55mm.  In fact, I'm having Bob make me a different style handle with the same knot set at 55mm.

48 5,717
 06-06-2015, 12:52 PM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Great looking brush. I also prefer my synthetics with a lower loft.

Bob

0 1,694
 06-06-2015, 09:27 PM
User Info
Lovely-looking brush and congratulations!  Thumbsup

82 21,056
 06-07-2015, 05:50 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Great news. I have a Pur-Tech knot in one of my brushes. They are the best of the bunch currently, IMHO. I also have one of Bob's brushes with a Silvertip Knot. He does superb work.

4 2,693