06-08-2015, 05:36 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I just tried the new summer small batch soap from Stirling, Island Man. They made an excellent choice for a summer soap. The scent is fresh and light, described as: “An intoxicating blend of bergamot, lime, mandarin, coconut, jasmine, hibiscus, ylang-ylang, ginger, sugarcane, musk, and rum. It is based on Creed Virgin Island Water. I just loaded my brush for the usual 20 seconds and had a great 3-pass shave.

It came poured in the new jar. The jars contain 5.8 ounces and the original refill pucks are 4.5 ounces. I really like the new jars!

Ingredients: Beef Tallow, Stearic Acid, Distilled Water, Castor Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Potassium & Sodium Hydroxide, Almond Oil, Lanolin, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Fragrance Oil, Clay, Sodium Lactate.

[Image: Stirling%20Island%20Man_zpslxqxmjt4.jpg]
[Image: SOTD%206-8-15_zpsgwopolez.jpg]

4 2,766
 06-08-2015, 05:46 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Sounds nice Bob! I'm glad they are offering in a tub now.

59 4,501
 06-08-2015, 07:13 AM
User Info
This was my first stirling soap. I tried it over the weekend and I was really impressed. The scent is great for me I keep opening the tub and smelling it and the performance was great. Top shelf stuff from stirling.

Eric

115 1,005
 06-08-2015, 07:16 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Nice overview Bob- I have tried several of the Stirling soaps and am very much impressed with the bang for buck. Haven't tried Island Man but sounds like another solid performer. Definitely like the idea of the tub vs. just the puck as their soaps tend to the softer side from my experience.

2 1,180