06-10-2015, 01:00 PM
  • sch1989
  • Mesa arizona
User Info
Just noticed fine came out with a synthetic shaving brush just put an order in for it hopefully all goes well have not used one of his brushes but his aftershaves Are great.

23 598
 06-10-2015, 01:26 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
This warrants further investigation... :-D

22 823
 06-13-2015, 08:08 PM
  • sch1989
  • Mesa arizona
User Info
[Image: jk1CPPv.jpg]Brush came in today got its first use and I was impressed very soft bristles I thought I wouldn't like the play in the brush but it didn't seem to effect it. Can't say I like it over my thater silver tip but for 20$ it's a very effective brush!

23 598
 06-14-2015, 12:36 AM
User Info
It has the same hair that the Plisson synthetics have.

21 1,175
 06-14-2015, 03:21 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Yeah, mine came Friday. (insanely fast shipping from Mr. Fine - to my doorstep in less than 24 hours, although he's only in the next state) I must say, I really like the handle on this brush, much more than the Plisson. The "angel hair" is indeed the exact same fiber material as the Plisson synthetic, although the knot is definitely smaller. I thought I would dislike the small knot, but it surprised me with its performance.

All in all, it was absolutely $20 very well spent. If they offered a larger knot, I would buy it, but the 20mm feels more than sufficient to make a TON of great lather. The hair is as soft as anyone could imagine, and the performance exceeds that of many brushes that are $100 or more.

As a side note, I also picked up a Fine shaving bowl, and it has turned my approach to shaving on its ear. I have always been a hard soap/face lathering guy. That bowl is freaking amazing, and it quickly had me digging through my storage to bring out all of my old creams. With the brush and the bowl, I was able to make mountains of fantastic lather out of the most modest amounts of product. I don't know that I'll convert wholesale to creams and bowls, but I think they'll definitely find places in my rotation.

22 823
 06-14-2015, 06:48 AM
User Info
The synthetics still have a bad rep for not holding water, feeling small. A Plisson holds water and feels large, also outperforms other kinds of brushes.
 _Not your grandpa´s synthetic brush_

21 1,175
 06-14-2015, 08:25 AM
  • sch1989
  • Mesa arizona
User Info
(06-14-2015, 03:21 AM)chamm Wrote: Yeah, mine came Friday. (insanely fast shipping from Mr. Fine - to my doorstep in less than 24 hours, although he's only in the next state) I must say, I really like the handle on this brush, much more than the Plisson. The "angel hair" is indeed the exact same fiber material as the Plisson synthetic, although the knot is definitely smaller. I thought I would dislike the small knot, but it surprised me with its performance.

All in all, it was absolutely $20 very well spent. If they offered a larger knot, I would buy it, but the 20mm feels more than sufficient to make a TON of great lather. The hair is as soft as anyone could imagine, and the performance exceeds that of many brushes that are $100 or more.

As a side note, I also picked up a Fine shaving bowl, and it has turned my approach to shaving on its ear. I have always been a hard soap/face lathering guy. That bowl is freaking amazing, and it quickly had me digging through my storage to bring out all of my old creams. With the brush and the bowl, I was able to make mountains of fantastic lather out of the most modest amounts of product. I don't know that I'll convert wholesale to creams and bowls, but I think they'll definitely find places in my rotation.

I'm interested in his bowl as well I use hard soaps and bowl lather with captains choice bowl or my Georgetown scuttle.

23 598