06-11-2015, 08:01 AM
User Info
Well, I've been working on a number of projects for a few months now.

One is trademarking "Krampert's Finest" on a federal and also state level. The state trademarking should be complete far faster than the federal. The federal could take years.

Another was streamlining production as much as I could. That still hasn't been felt or seen by the consumer, but should be soon. Relax, the formulas have in no way been changed, nor have the production methods. Same exact products, just better workflow for us, and a better final product for consumers. Really. It might not make sense now, but when it's unveiled you'll agree.

There are other changes in the works, but I simply can't/won't even give an inkling as to what they are. At least one of these should be announced soon. Hopefully within a month. Wheels turn slowly and it's been a very long process.

32 6,472
 06-11-2015, 08:02 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Look forward to this, Brian.

102 18,669
 06-11-2015, 08:06 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Oh Brian, you're just a tease. Smile

179 23,947
 06-11-2015, 09:18 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
He-he  Blank

88 4,233
 06-11-2015, 09:54 AM
User Info
Brian,

Please do not change anything...please.  The Krampert's Finest Acadian Bay Rum has moved in to almost a tie with Jabonman which I consider to be the best of the very best.  I find myself using the Bay Rum very frequently....wonderful scent, great lather, easy to lather, comfortable shaves. 

Ya just could not get it any better!!!!!

Ed

22 764
 06-11-2015, 09:55 AM
User Info
(06-11-2015, 08:06 AM)Johnny Wrote: Oh Brian, you're just a tease. Smile

+1  24 look forward to the good news..!!

20 1,375
 06-11-2015, 12:59 PM
User Info
LG, have no fear, no formulations will change at this time. I write "at this time" because if I get an idea to make something better, truly better, I'll make it and test it myself. But for it to be changed it must pass muster with testers. So far nothing has passed those hurdles. When I first release something I test it fairly extensively; at least for such a small company; after all I don't have P&Gs budget so I'm limited in that. The "better" hurdle with myself and testers is a fairly high one to get over and nothing has done so yet and nothing is anticipated.

Winter is coming and I'll have more time to devote to R&D then. I can't promise anything or allude to anything 'cause you folks have much better memories than I have. I do get brought to task about what I wrote so I need to be careful in that.

But at this time I have no plans on testing anything to make existing formulations better. New stuff? Maybe. There is always that chance, just not much of it in the summer and autumn. At this time I have more than enough going on. If I hadn't streamlined the operations I wouldn't have had the time to do what I'm doing now. I certainly didn't anticipate doing it; it just sort of happened by popular demand. Sorry to continue to be mysterious, but it has to be that way for now. I won't even give a time frame because I've never done anything like this before and never thought I would, so I have no idea how much longer it will take. But I never thought I'd do what I presently do either, as far as Krampert's Finest products. It wasn't my plan when I retired.  If I write more I'll give it away. So far I haven't even come close to doing so.

32 6,472
 06-11-2015, 03:36 PM
User Info
(06-11-2015, 12:59 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: LG, have no fear, no formulations will change at this time. I write "at this time" because if I get an idea to make something better, truly better, I'll make it and test it myself. But for it to be changed it must pass muster with testers. So far nothing has passed those hurdles. When I first release something I test it fairly extensively; at least for such a small company; after all I don't have P&Gs budget so I'm limited in that. The "better" hurdle with myself and testers is a fairly high one to get over and nothing has done so yet and nothing is anticipated.

Winter is coming and I'll have more time to devote to R&D then. I can't promise anything or allude to anything 'cause you folks have much better memories than I have. I do get brought to task about what I wrote so I need to be careful in that.

But at this time I have no plans on testing anything to make existing formulations better. New stuff? Maybe. There is always that chance, just not much of it in the summer and autumn. At this time I have more than enough going on. If I hadn't streamlined the operations I wouldn't have had the time to do what I'm doing now. I certainly didn't anticipate doing it; it just sort of happened by popular demand. Sorry to continue to be mysterious, but it has to be that way for now. I won't even give a time frame because I've never done anything like this before and never thought I would, so I have no idea how much longer it will take. But I never thought I'd do what I presently do either, as far as Krampert's Finest products. It wasn't my plan when I retired.  If I write more I'll give it away. So far I haven't even come close to doing so.
Brian,

Nice, appreciated reply.  However, you have now piqued my interest even more.  I reckon a lot of us will keenly await your next move. Winky

Ed

22 764
 06-12-2015, 09:07 AM
User Info
Very mysterious...

0 1,099
 06-12-2015, 10:10 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(06-12-2015, 09:07 AM)Shannon Wrote: Very mysterious...

The game is afoot! 

I really enjoy the posts for the artisan community and the interaction of you all with the community. Personalizes the product(s) and also, for those curious by nature, gives a snapshot behind the curtain. Thanks much!

P.S. looking forward to seeing what's next and have my Krampert's Bay Rum in the rotation for next week!

2 1,180
 06-12-2015, 02:11 PM
User Info
Great job, Brian.  Onward and upward! Aaaaa

4 647