06-11-2015, 12:14 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
My newest acquisition. I was so impressed with the Yardley I picked up I decided to try and get the supposedly better "Black Label" version of the soap. It's pristine.I don't think it was ever used at all. It took several soakings before I was able to pick up any soap off the puck. As always, with a new to me product I bowl lather it first. I get a better feel for the quality and texture of it. I wasn't dissappointed. I got some of the best lather I've ever experienced. In fact, the cushion was the best I've seen ever. Period. Exquisite. It was as slick as the best out there as well but there are others as slick, but the cushion was unequaled.[Image: dbofI35.jpg]
[Image: J42H6gC.jpg]

7 2,281
 06-11-2015, 12:16 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
 06-11-2015, 01:03 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Nice pickup Mouser, but that isn't the Black Label.  The Black Label was merely a scent produced by Yardley which used a triple Y (YYY) logo and had the words Black Label on the bowl.  As far as I know it was only available in a triangular shaped box.  I haven't found the Black Label for myself but have several of the regular Yardley in the wooden bowl and it is as good as it gets.

139 2,677
 06-11-2015, 01:37 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
Whatever it is, it's friccin' awesome. In the top group immediately.

7 2,281
 06-11-2015, 02:34 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Haha, I'm glad I didn't have to break the news about it not being Black Label.
It is the English Lavender.
And it is EXCELLENT anyways! Props, Sir, and enjoy!
I trust we will see that in the SAW thread soon??

57 2,560