03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
My man Phil and I did a "cultural exchange" a little while ago, and this beautiful cream was one of the items. This is the new version of Lavanda, which is friggin' awesome!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--BINGO - in seconds, a lather explosion!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfecto. No problem for multi-pass shaves.

General skincare: 9/10--Moisturizes and soothes very well.

Scent: 10/10--Not really lavendery, but gorgeous. Very classy.

Price N/A--Honestly, I don't know.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Absolutely. This cream ROCKS. I love it!

Ach. Brito really whipped up a winner with this new version. It smells delightful, gives great, stable lather, and has very good skincare. The only thing missing is the menthol! (just kidding!) Biggrin

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,548
 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I, too, think this new formulation of Lavanda is superb, unlike the awful original formulation that I first purchased. Thanks to Jeff, Phil, and Emanuel I decided to try the latest version and I'm glad I did. Here is my review from DFS and Siimply Shaving, written on 13 January:

Yesterday, I received a tube of Lavanda shaving cream from Phil (Bullgoose). This is my second tube. The original that I purchased a year or two ago was awful. I was convinced by Phil and a few others to give this cream a second look since it had been reformulated. The new formulation is a HUGE improvement.

This cream lathers beautifully and it didn't break down. I never had to go back to the bowl as the brush easily held enough lather for my three pass shave.

I found it to be very protective and the lanolin made it feel terrific on my skin. The razor just glided across my face as if it were ice skating; it doesn't get any better than that.

The scent was my biggest letdown. I happen to like the scent; it's very earthy. However, in no way did it remind me of lavender.

I find the price very reasonable for a cream of such excellent quality. I paid $10.00 at Bullgoose.

I would definitely repurchase Lavanda, as it is now made. It is a superb product.

Lather: ✭✭✭✭✭
Durability of Lather: ✭✭✭✭✭
Protection: ✭✭✭✭✭
Glide: ✭✭✭✭✭
Scent: ✭✭✭
Price: ✭✭✭✭
Would I repurchase: ✭✭✭✭✭
Overall score: ✭✭✭✭½

✭✭✭✭✭ Outstanding
✭✭✭✭ Excellent
✭✭✭ Good
✭✭ Poor
✭ Don't Waste Your Time or Money

2 11,211
 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM
User Info

I agree, the Lavanda is an excellent cream. I have it in my short list of favorites and try to pull it into the rotation once a week. Ah, so many great creams and soaps out there to choose.

29 1,731
 03-06-2012, 03:30 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I recently received a tube from Phil and after these reviews I'm even more looking forward to trying this cream.

91 17,620