06-14-2015, 12:09 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

Here are three brushes I rarely use. All are in superb shape, each probably used no more than seven times. The price for each includes U.S. shipping. Paypal is fine; no trades, please.

1.  Re-knotted Burma Shave silvertip brush by our own Brad Sears, a fine wood craftsman. The handle is from the legendary Burma Shave name. The original brush, which was new and never used, had a ghastly boar bristle knot — I sometimes forget how great the Semogue boar bristles brushes are — and it was unusable. Brad replaced it with the silvertip knot. Unfortunately, I find the knot a wee bit large for me. These days I seem to prefer smaller knots. I believe this one has a 25mm knot and about a 55mm loft. The backbone is good and the tips soft. It does provide luxurious lather, I must say. ($35) — WITHDRAWN

2.  Simpson Colonel X2L in best badger, with a 22mm knot and 46mm loft. This is great for face lathering, or bowl. The brush carries the typical Simpson best badger scritch. That I didn't mind, especially siince I lathered with paint brush motion. The brush had a little too much backbone for me, though. ($45) — SOLD

3.  The Vulfix Turnback super badger travel brush with a travel tube. The knot is 19mm and the loft 51, with soft tips. The backbone is minimal. It's a great little travel brush. I am considering using my Plisson synthetic for a travel brush. ($35) — WITHDRAWN

[Image: XxYmi2q.jpg]

150 3,036
 06-15-2015, 03:03 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
I have dropped the prices on the two remaining brushes. Grab them while they're hot — or something like that.

150 3,036