06-16-2015, 09:41 AM
User Info
Hey guys, doing a little bit of reading I saw that both tiki bar and soap commander are both made right here in Alabama. I know this probably isn't a big deal but here in AL things are kind of slow and we like to support our own lol. Here's my question and situation. I really want to try both these soaps, however I have literally ran out of room. Seriously I have made too many purchases over the last couple of weeks and I think I may have room for one more soap,so out of the two soap commander or tiki bar which is better?? The most important factor for me is slickness,and all other factors are secondary. Thanks in advance

3 1,356
 06-16-2015, 09:52 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
I have not tried Tiki Bar but cannot speak highly enough about Soap Commander. Amongst my favorites, both scent and performance wise. In particular, Courage is definitely in my top 10 overall and Passion another great scent.

2 1,180
 06-16-2015, 09:59 AM
User Info
I wonder if soap commander has a store front? I have some friends in his area and if he dies I may make a day of it. They also do a Veteran and Military discount, I'm in.

3 1,356
 06-16-2015, 02:46 PM
User Info
Country Club for Men - also in Alabama

16 249
 06-16-2015, 03:02 PM
User Info
I personally find Tiki to be a better performer but I enjoy Soap Commanders scents more. Tiki's were just too strong for my nose. Also, Tiki has tallow while if memory suits me SC does not. SC has a little more solid consistency between the 2. In the end it's a YMMV thing. 

PM incoming.

148 3,602
 06-16-2015, 04:35 PM
User Info
Tiki is a better performer for me but soap commander is definitely slicker if that's more important go soap commander.

9 270
 06-16-2015, 04:40 PM
User Info
Tiki is not as slick. I was a big supporter of Tiki initially but haven't used it in ages. I typically give it to friends for them to try. 

Soap Commander on the other hand is still in use and I'm still accumulating more. Their summer seasonal scent is on its way to me currently. Not many soaps out there that are slicker than soap commander.

31 8,058
 06-17-2015, 06:11 AM
User Info
I have tried both and prefer Tiki's.  I really like her tallow-based soaps.  I have one of her non-tallow versions as well but have not tried it yet.  I agree that Soap Commander's are slicker but I preferred the Tiki's overall in regard to cushion and comfort.  I'm not sure where you are located in Alabama, but you can buy Tiki's at the Maker's Market in downtown Tuscaloosa.  It's a store that stocks artisan made products and they typically have a few of her shave soaps available for purchase.

52 153
 06-17-2015, 06:27 AM
User Info
They all´d  need to be tested for satisfaction.  I have bought a few:

Tiki old style vegan soaps: these are not for my skin, also had instant  skin irritance using "set sail". 
Tiki French formula: very nicescent  but half of this "soap" is water

Furthermore, the scents:
Set sail: had the irritance so fast I cannot even remember the scent of it.
Tiki French Formula scent: nice, like a fresher lighter version of what is found in LPL, MDC traditional.
Tiki Fougere: femine, bubblegummy. Tiki three butters: smells like a mix of veggie butters, of which not all are fresh...
Soap Commander Endurance: smells like rotten spices with some horse manure... IMO.
Soap Commander Respect is better in that regard, a  fresh citrus scent. If you like veggie soaps with Shea butter, not a bad soap. The shea butter does clog your brushes   more than other soaps do

21 1,175
 06-17-2015, 08:12 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(06-17-2015, 06:27 AM)Bibbelmann Wrote: Soap Commander Endurance: smells like rotten spices with some horse manure... IMO.

Whether in agreement or not, one of the best comments posted in the history of the internet Smile

2 1,180
 06-17-2015, 04:54 PM
User Info
(06-17-2015, 08:12 AM)kwsher Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 06:27 AM)Bibbelmann Wrote: Soap Commander Endurance: smells like rotten spices with some horse manure... IMO.

Whether in agreement or not, one of the best comments posted in the history of the internet Smile

Lol really?

46 1,102
 06-18-2015, 06:13 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
I never tried Tiki but have tried Soap Commander. My favorite is Vision out of the sampler I purchased. Usually veggie soaps don't really agree with my skin but Soap Commander does due to the high amount of shea butter. I highly recommend SC but if you still don't know I would suggest getting samplers of both soaps and see which of the two you like best.

10 963
 06-18-2015, 10:37 AM
User Info
(06-18-2015, 06:13 AM)Balj86 Wrote: I never tried Tiki but have tried Soap Commander. My favorite is Vision out of the sampler I purchased. Usually veggie soaps don't really agree with my skin but Soap Commander does due to the high amount of shea butter. I highly recommend SC but if you still don't know I would suggest getting samplers of both soaps and see which of the two you like best.

A generous member on here has sent me some samples from soap commander, I'm really excited to try them out. Maybe it will knock MWF out of number 1, but those are pretty big shoes to fill.

3 1,356
 06-18-2015, 10:39 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(06-18-2015, 10:37 AM)Otis375 Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 06:13 AM)Balj86 Wrote: I never tried Tiki but have tried Soap Commander. My favorite is Vision out of the sampler I purchased. Usually veggie soaps don't really agree with my skin but Soap Commander does due to the high amount of shea butter. I highly recommend SC but if you still don't know I would suggest getting samplers of both soaps and see which of the two you like best.

A generous member on here has sent me some samples from soap commander, I'm really excited to try them out. Maybe it will knock MWF out of number 1, but those are pretty big shoes to fill.

Some nice folks at TSN- look forward to your thoughts! MWF is one of my favorites too but with my shaving soap ADD I can't select a single #1 but have to settle for a group that I won't be without. Both SC and MWF fit in that category for me.

Congrats on the samples- what scents?

2 1,180
 06-18-2015, 11:21 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
(06-18-2015, 10:39 AM)kwsher Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 10:37 AM)Otis375 Wrote:

Some nice folks at TSN- look forward to your thoughts! MWF is one of my favorites too but with my shaving soap ADD I can't select a single #1 but have to settle for a group that I won't be without. Both SC and MWF fit in that category for me.

Congrats on the samples- what scents?

Awesome! Btw MWF is still my number 1 after trying out different artisans and other mass manufactured soaps/creams. Best part about MWF is that it lasts the longest and very efficient. Enjoy the samples!

10 963
 06-18-2015, 02:22 PM
User Info
Soap Commander Courage is great!!! I've used it my last 2 shaves and think I'm going to try to use the whole tub....its huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 391
 06-18-2015, 05:42 PM
User Info
I like Tiki better (I only have tried their tallow based ones), Soap Commander is not too far behind.

11 435
 06-18-2015, 05:49 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Here's another Alabama soap maker:

http://www.gmsoap.com/?mainID=3&subID=11...pe=default

Andrew

43 1,705
 06-19-2015, 12:19 PM
User Info
I prefer soap commander. If you order from them get a balm as well. Balm is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 326
 06-19-2015, 01:27 PM
User Info
Vision smells great, menthol cologne I love it.LolPassion reminds me of a smell but I don't want to say it aloud I may get into trouble. Endurance doesn't out right stink and I'll use it I just don't think I would buy it. Of the 3 I had I like all 3

3 1,356