06-17-2015, 04:37 AM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
So I try and go and change out the blade in my Schick SE this morning, problem is it won't come out. It's like the blade pack won't go into the blade area. The key goes it and the blade can be pushed out, but the blade in the razor isn't budging.

I tried putting a blade into another Schick and it worked fine, but I think that Schick has some issues. I believe them to be the same razor, but the blades sit differently in the razor. I shaved with the other razor with the new blade but I don't believe it was sitting properly as it felt like nothing was being cut.
[Image: 0320a31f6aa726d3221dce743039cb29.jpg]
[Image: 6a90949af2721a90ba5ebc65c0be7eb9.jpg]

The first picture is of the razor that the blade won't come out of. The second photo is of both razors together, notice the difference in the way the blade sets in there. Any suggestions on getting blade out of razor in first photo? This has been the razor I have used exclusively here's rely and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 970
 06-17-2015, 06:11 AM
User Info
In the past I have used a chopstick to insert where you would insert the key of the blade package. As you carefully push it in further it will slightly separate and open the head up more. This does come with some risk as you can bend the metal. However, with the blade not coming out you are facing risk one way or another right now. As the head opens further you should be able to use a toothpick or something similar to press down on the blade in an effort to loose it from the head of the razor.

31 8,056
 06-17-2015, 07:32 AM
User Info
Needle nose pliers should do the trick. Just grab the end of the blade and pull it out. After you get the blade out a good cleaning of the head is in order.

119 13,019
 06-17-2015, 01:35 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
There is likely some gunk built up acting as adhesive, I have experienced this in my injectors as well.  I usually can just force it through, but have had luck using hot (not boiling) soapy water and my ultrasonic cleaner to free it up.

139 2,677