08-13-2015, 06:03 PM
User Info
(08-13-2015, 06:01 PM)hrfdez Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 05:15 PM)Scoti Wrote: This forum is great. Very nice place to be. I however  am not afraid to voice my opinion no matter what and it may rub some people the wrong way. It's not my intention but I love this place as long as you get to voice your opinion and you  don't get banned for doing it.

As an example I've seen people get banned other places for protesting an idea.. or speaking out against a product..
I hope this doesn't happen here but I'll have to stick around to find out.

Nice to know the mods and admins are here to sort things out.

I think is all about delivery.  I'm the same way, but I have actually decided to avoid confrontation and just move on.  My life is outside the confinements of the Internet.  I come here to read and share the hobby aspect of it with the few friends I have.  I'm here to have a good time with the people that care for me, those who don't, why even bother.

So far the Nook has been a great place for me.

Well said!

144 3,366
 08-13-2015, 10:23 PM
User Info
This is a great forum. Nice people and friendly mods. Don't need any malarky bans to worry about. So far this place has been a great environment to voice your opinions about wetshaving accessories and so far it's been a great place to find information. Recently, I've been reading though the threads wondering about which new soap/cream to buy next. It's been an extraordinary experience talking to members and trading various soaps. Still on the search for that one soap..

18 633
 08-14-2015, 05:33 AM
User Info
(08-13-2015, 10:23 PM)llalm Wrote: .... Still on the search for that one soap..

Haslinger. You can stop reading now.

All evidence has been buried. All tapes have been erased.

8 2,718
 08-14-2015, 07:52 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(08-13-2015, 06:03 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 06:01 PM)hrfdez Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 05:15 PM)Scoti Wrote: This forum is great. Very nice place to be. I however  am not afraid to voice my opinion no matter what and it may rub some people the wrong way. It's not my intention but I love this place as long as you get to voice your opinion and you  don't get banned for doing it.

As an example I've seen people get banned other places for protesting an idea.. or speaking out against a product..
I hope this doesn't happen here but I'll have to stick around to find out.

Nice to know the mods and admins are here to sort things out.

I think is all about delivery.  I'm the same way, but I have actually decided to avoid confrontation and just move on.  My life is outside the confinements of the Internet.  I come here to read and share the hobby aspect of it with the few friends I have.  I'm here to have a good time with the people that care for me, those who don't, why even bother.

So far the Nook has been a great place for me.

Well said!
I agree with Hector... if I find myself getting annoyed for whatever reason I just avoid and move on. 

Generally try to keep my posts upbeat and contribute positively. Not like I don't have critical comments to make on occasion but I don't visit the site for debate and antagonism so I generally just don't provide that type of content. 

Shave on my good men!

2 1,180
 09-10-2015, 04:47 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
The crazy thing is that one does not have to intend to be argumentative to be warned or banned.  Those are the ones that catch you cold and keep you wondering...and keep the coals hot for awhile.  However, that said, the "other place" is really the over-reactive and downright gentlemanly nasty place to learn about traditional shaving.

1 796
 01-10-2016, 12:23 PM
User Info
Glad I found this now

0 116
 02-13-2016, 11:37 AM
  • Waffen
  • Santa Rosa, CA
User Info
(06-19-2015, 01:25 PM)Agravic Wrote: TSN is now into its fourth year of existence, and continues to grow steadily, with active participation of members as well as supporting artisans and vendors.
People are increasingly discovering the merits of this hobby, and there is more variety than ever in terms of products available in the marketplace.

Here at TSN, we strive to maintain a culture and atmosphere that allows for gentlemanly interaction between our members, artisans, and vendors.
The forum benefits from active involvement of all members, established and new, who share a common passion.
The vast majority of our members observe honesty and integrity in terms of their conduct on the forum, and are respectful of forum rules.
Our forum rules are fairly simple, and most members exercise good judgment and follow them without issue.

Sadly, it only takes a few unscrupulous individuals to spoil things for everyone.
We are increasingly concerned with an element of behavior that goes against the core values and integrity of TSN.
Posts/threads that constitute blatant advertising or promotion with set agendas, rather than honest discussion of appropriate topics, are contrary to the ideals of TSN.
What may be acceptable at other social media venues (forums and groups), is not welcome here.  Rampant 'fanboyism', shilling, and trolling will not be tolerated here.  
Members who wish to behave in this manner can do so elsewhere.
There exists a fine line between proper dialogue and undesirable activity.  We frown upon the latter, and those who display such behavior will be subject to Moderator actions.
Banning of members from TSN is an action that is not taken lightly, and shall be employed as a means if necessary, in order to protect the better interests of all here.

Thank you for your ongoing support and involvement here on TSN. 
We look forward to further growth and development, and are excited for the future.

TSN Administrators and Moderators.

0 40
 02-13-2016, 11:39 AM
  • Waffen
  • Santa Rosa, CA
User Info
Thank you Sir, new here and enjoying TSN, always try to be a gentleman.

0 40
 02-13-2016, 01:58 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
It doesn't hurt to reread the rules or operating instructions on just about anything once in a while. I just made MAC and CHEESE for lunch. No deal; boil pasta in water 7.5 minutes, drain, add cheese,1/4 cup milk 4 pats butter and stir.  What the........ My mother somehow grabbed a kid's version with teenage mutant ninja turtle figures requiring one pat of butter and 3 tbsps. of milk. This stuff looks like Salvador Dali painted.
I know I've been intemperate and judgemental without cause and really pushed the envelope. I can only plead temporary sanity and ask forgiveness. This place is about shaving. I have the rest of the whole damned internet to save the whales on.

2 3,171