06-24-2015, 01:22 PM
User Info
Looking for an inexpensive straight razor to get a friend into straight shaving. Condition doesn't really matter as long as the razor will shave. Not really wanting to spend too much money as this is just for someone to try so if they don't like it they aren't out much money. If you have a user you want to sell let me know and thanks for looking.

3 1,356
 06-24-2015, 01:42 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I would look at Whipped Dog. He sells shave ready razors and inexpensive strops to get someone started into straight razor shaving at a very reasonable price.

38 5,111
 06-24-2015, 01:55 PM
User Info
(06-24-2015, 01:42 PM)evnpar Wrote: I would look at Whipped Dog. He sells shave ready razors and inexpensive strops to get someone started into straight razor shaving at a very reasonable price.

Yea I checked Larry's selection out I may go that route if there isn't anybody on here. I've bothered Larry enough these past couple of weeks.

3 1,356
 06-24-2015, 08:01 PM
User Info
(06-24-2015, 01:22 PM)Otis375 Wrote: Looking for an inexpensive straight razor to get a friend into straight shaving. Condition doesn't really matter as long as the razor will shave. Not really wanting to spend too much money as this is just for someone to try so if they don't like it they aren't  out much money. If you have a user you want to sell let me know and thanks for looking.

I have a cheapy gold dollar custom with blue/purple custom scales honed by Anthony Esposito.The strop has a nick that needs to be stabilized or you can strop above it. The razor has a tiny imperfection right on the center of the blade that doesn't seem to effect the shave but it does need to be touched up. The razor doesn't center well in the scales. I have these laying around for practice but if they could be put to use as I believe they would make good learning tools why not. The razor is sharp and does shave for me the edges blemish can be touched up easily if that's what the user would like.

60 1,532
 06-26-2015, 01:22 PM
  • HarryO
  • FLA, USA.
User Info
check the post from Johnny. He is selling some great razors for about $100 good luck

21 463