06-25-2015, 09:04 AM
User Info
I saw that member  strohman  was asking about buying a new or lightly used Plisson synthetic.  I did try to reply to his post in the BST section but  I wasn't allowed to post...maybe there's a rule that says I have to have a certain number of contributions before I can post in that section?  That's understandable.

However if someone sees this maybe they can post for me and let  strohman know that I tried to tell him that I recently bought one direct from France  It costs 34.8 euros plus shipping. This is for thew cheapest version....they get dearer depending on the handle you choose but it comes with a  brush holder included.

It's a 22mm brush and if you compare it side by side with the Muhle 23mm synthetic (which I own)  it looks and measures virtually the same.  And whilst I'm not a seasoned veteran I would say there's very little to choose between them.....if anything the Plisson is slightly softer....but both are sublimely soft anyway.

See here....    http://blaireauxplisson.com/en/39-shavingbrushes-fiber

0 66
 06-25-2015, 09:12 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Yes re rules about posting on BST threads : posts and time since joining forum.

Also, you are free to PM members at any time too.

102 18,552
 06-25-2015, 09:29 AM
User Info
(06-25-2015, 09:12 AM)Agravic Wrote: Yes re rules about posting on BST threads : posts and time since joining forum.

Also, you are free to PM members at any time too.

Many thanks...I did think about a PM but am reluctant to jump in with both feet being so new.  I'll find my way gently.  Did you ever have the TV programme  "George and Mildred" in the US?  Hopefully not. It was broadcast between 1976 and '79.  Google will presumably take you there...it does in the UK anyway. It was dreadfully 'corny', as we might say, and one of George's lines has become slightly ingrained in British culture among those of a certain age....and it was "Be gentle with me Mildred". It kind of referred to the proposed "coming together of the two of them in intimate circumstances". But now just gets used to mean I'm new to this, go easy on me.   And so I would ask forum members to....    be gentle with me Mildred.  Wink

0 66
 06-25-2015, 09:30 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
No problem Winky

102 18,552