05-21-2017, 09:45 AM
  • Eskimo
  • Artisan & Custom Shaving Equipment
User Info
Shown below is a brush in the Takamine shape that I have just completed and listed on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.  It is a deep Crimson red that is semi-transparent.  It is shown with a 26mm Manchurian White Fan knot.[Image: aO5bVsF.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

4 330
 05-24-2017, 10:16 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
A couple of new brushes have been added to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com, as shown below:

Ancient Kauri - This brush can be fitted with either a 24(shown), 26 or 28mm knot.  Ancient Kauri is the World's oldest workable wood.  New Zealand native Kauri trees that fell thousands of years ago are known simply as Ancient Kauri. The trees have been buried and preserved underground in swamps for more than 45,000 years.  Numerous independent radio carbon dating by world experts confirm that at more than 45,000 years old, the buried Ancient Kauri recovered in the far north of New Zealand is among the oldest of all Ancient Kauri found and certainly the oldest workable wood in the world… by a long, long way.  Ancient Kauri pre-dates the migration of Neanderthal man into North America, the hunt for mammoths and cave paintings in Europe. The Kauri forest was already buried some 25,000 years before the on-set of the last Ice Age giving scientists an important insight into Earths climatic past.  
[Image: yqhzOWU.jpg]

Desert Ironwood Burl - 24mm  Desert Ironwood only grows in the washes and valleys of the Sonoran Desert below 2,500 foot elevation.   Desert Ironwood is very hard and dense. It actually sinks in water.  Tradition has it that carvings made from the Desert Ironwood bring good fortune and long life.  Desert Ironwood reaches maturity at 2000 years, more or less.  It was originally used by the Seri Native Americans of Mexico for tool handles.  Today the Seri Indians make carvings of desert plants and animals from the ironwood. Desert Ironwood was the original choice of material for the grips of the Colt .45 handgun.[Image: dGTgW9H.jpg]

Below is a Honduran Rosewood Burl handle with a 26mm Manchurian White knot that was built for a custom order.  This was one of those pleasant surprises where the block really didn't look like much when I mounted it on the lathe, but literally "turned" into an exceptional piece as the interior was exposed.
[Image: 7FEXQ5U.jpg]

As always, thank for looking,

Bob

4 330
 06-02-2017, 01:22 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I've gotten back into shaving brush mode and have added quite a few new pieces to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

The brushes shown below were listed this afternoon and are all available.

As an FYI - I will be out of the country from June 8 - 18, so any order placed after Tuesday, June 6th, will be shipped on the 19th.

Stone brushes - all the handles are shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot
From left to right:  Larimar, Wild Horse Jasper, Malachite, Azurite with Malachite and Arizona Jade
[Image: rlEnUsD.jpg]

Alternate Briar Burl - 24 or 24mm
[Image: GLERgQ7.jpg]

Alternate Briar Burl with Ivory - 26mm
[Image: Dg7PaV8.jpg]

Amboyna Burl - This is an exceptional piece of Amboyna and can also accept either a 24 or 26mm knot.
[Image: CePA0qz.jpg]

Desert Ironwood Burl - 24mm
[Image: 5QaxP0P.jpg]

Bob

4 330
 06-03-2017, 12:04 PM
User Info
Bob, I don't recall seeing your alternate briar before.  Very nice rod stock.

48 5,714
 06-03-2017, 12:09 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
(06-03-2017, 12:04 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Bob, I don't recall seeing your alternate briar before.  Very nice rod stock.

Thanks, Ricardo.  I just got it in a couple of weeks ago and these are the first pieces.

4 330
 06-04-2017, 10:36 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I have just added a few additional stone brushes to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.  They are all shown with 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

Just a reminder, I will be out of town from June 8th - 18th.  Any orders received after Tuesday, June 6th will be shipped when I return on June 19th.

Bloody Basin Jasper
[Image: DcEksy5.jpg]

Blue Lapis
[Image: q7DwzkA.jpg]

Copper Laced Onyx
[Image: b41uVEf.jpg]

Gold Laced Quartz
[Image: LmBTDpn.jpg]

Gold Laced Onyx
[Image: bVJZbsm.jpg]

Bob

4 330
 07-22-2017, 05:50 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I have completed a couple of new brushes added to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.  There are several others that are within a couple of days of completing the finishing process that will be added in the next few days.

Cocobolo - 26mm
[Image: Rt18E7c.jpg]

Honduran Rosewood Burl - 24mm
[Image: iMNwp7C.jpg]

I also have the Green and Black resin brush shown below that was built for a custom order that was not completed.  It has a 26mm Manchurian White Bulb knot set at a 53mm loft. 
[Image: cnkX14t.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

4 330
 07-24-2017, 01:17 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
As promised, shown below are some of the most recent brushes to come out of the shop.  These pieces are listed and available on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Blue/Black Resin (24 - 26mm)  The light really plays beautifully off this handle as it turns in the hand.  It is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.
[Image: bmR9S0G.jpg]

Black Walnut - 28mm  This is a reprise of a handle shape I built about 5 years ago, an inverted Persian Jar.
[Image: ULB6fL3.jpg]

Teak - 26mm
[Image: XmrXBjg.jpg]

Tulip wood (24 - 26mm)  The grain on this wood is exceptional.  It is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.
[Image: Pf0FInX.jpg]

Amboyna Burl (24 - 26mm)  One of the most regal woods available.  It was chosen for the dashboard wood of the original Rolls Royce.  It is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.
[Image: iaG5lcA.jpg]

Bob

4 330
 07-27-2017, 09:15 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
Several new razor handles have just been added to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.  All these handles are available as 3-piece razor handles only, as a complete 3-piece razor with either an Edwin Jagger, Muhle or Merkur head or fitted to a 2-part Merkur razor.

Gold Laced Onyx
[Image: l4Io8UX.jpg]

Wild Horse Jasper
[Image: kPaGZQK.jpg]

Golden Pheasant Feathers
[Image: aujr2Jg.jpg]

Acrylic Barber Pole
[Image: 7qVay4B.jpg]

Tingneck Pheasant Feathers
[Image: eHDYOQR.jpg]

Bob

4 330
 07-31-2017, 01:22 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I recently received a shipment of some exceptional Desert Ironwood, which is one of my favorite woods to work.

Shown below are the first three brushes made from this delivery, as well as an Acacia wood brush.  They can all accommodate either a 24 or 26mm knot.  These brushes are listed and available at my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Desert Ironwood grows in the washes and valleys of the Sonoran Desert below 2,500 foot elevation.   Desert Ironwood is very hard and dense. It actually sinks in water.  Tradition has it that carvings made from the Desert Ironwood bring good fortune and long life.  Desert Ironwood reaches maturity at 2000 years, more or less.  It was originally used by the Seri Native Americans of Mexico for tool handles.  Today the Seri Indians make carvings of desert plants and animals from the ironwood. Desert Ironwood was the original choice of material for the grips of the Colt .45 handgun.

[Image: Sj3L7PZ.jpg]

[Image: AZWOHsJ.jpg]

[Image: 20JRRoO.jpg]

Acacia Wood is a durable hard wood from fast growing trees from the Far East and South America.  It has long been valued as a timber tree in the United States.  In Virginia and New England, Acacia was used for treenails in shipbuilding, being hard, strong, inelastic, and durable.  Acacia wood is often mentioned in reference to objects used in the construction of the tabernacle in the book of Exodus. Of greatest importance is its use in the construction of the Ark of the Covenant.

[Image: M1BmyFL.jpg]

Bob

4 330
 08-11-2017, 03:07 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I have just completed a new 26mm Prism brush and it is listed and available on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

It is shown below with a Manchurian White 2-band knot set at a 52mm loft.  The overall height of the brush is 116mm.  The second picture was taken after a 1/4 turn of the handle and you can see how the presentation changes as the handle turns in your hand.

[Image: 2FfN6WI.jpg][Image: 1pldaZa.jpg]

Desert Ironwood Burl is one of my favorite woods to turn.  It is very hard and stable and turns and finishes beautifully.  I just received 5 pieces (shown below) that have the most extraordinarily figured grain patterns I have seen in many years.  These pieces will each yield 2 brush handles that can accommodate either a 24 or 26mm knot, depending upon the handle shape.  If you are interested in having a brush or a handle built from one of these rare pieces, please PM me.

[Image: kZi9Fi9.jpg]

Bob

4 330
 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
Just listed are a couple of new brushes, as well as a very special razor handle.  These are now available on my site athttp://www.eliterazor.com.

Teak - 24 - 26mm   The brush shown below features a blue pearl accent piece inset into the base.  It is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be opened up to accept a 26mm knot.
[Image: BIEoAFT.jpg]

Zebrawood - 24-26mm
[Image: wCYMAWx.jpg]

Pre-ban Brazilian Rosewood - This wood was imported into the US in the mid-1960's and was originally intended to be used to build cue sticks.  I have just a few pieces left that have not yet been turned.  I was very fortunate to come across this wood and this is the first piece of true Brazilian Rosewood I have seen in quite a few years and do not expect to find it available again.
[Image: v7mJFPT.jpg]

Bob

4 330