09-09-2017, 02:06 PM
  • Eskimo
  • Artisan & Custom Shaving Equipment
User Info
I have turned 2 new handles from the Desert Ironwood burl I received a couple of weeks ago and they are shown below.  They are beautiful pieces and I am offering first choice to the members of this forum only.
The handles as shown have only been turned an buffed and no finish has yet been applied.  This process will generally take 7-10 days, dependent upon the ambient humidity.  With Hurricane Irma scheduled to arrive in Atlanta on Monday, I expect it will be closer to the 10 days before they are fully cured and ready to ship.

# 10438 is in the Martin shape and is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

# 10439 is in the Takamine shape and will only accept a 24mm knot.

Each of these exceptional handles are $125.  If you are interested in putting your name on one, or both, of these pieces, please PM me.

My thanks to everyone here at The Shave Nook for your kind support of my work.

Bob

[Image: H7NrFHW.jpg]

[Image: qPx9kC9.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

4 337
 09-09-2017, 04:33 PM
User Info
Those look extremely nice!

9 128
 09-18-2017, 01:50 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
My thoughts go out to everyone that was impacted by the recent storms.  We only received a glancing blow from Irma and were fortunate to have only lost power for a day.

I have been finishing up some custom orders, but did have a chance to finish a couple of brushes over the weekend.

These brushes are available at http://www.eliterazor.com

Old Growth Poplar - The brush below is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.  It was built from a piece of Poplar that was reclaimed during the deconstruction of the Acworth Train Depot, which was built in 1840.  This wood is over 175 years old.
[Image: YbZ5rAH.jpg]

24mm Black & White acrylic
[Image: J7rPjfy.jpg]

I just received a shipment of knots.  I have been out of the 26mm bulbs for a couple of weeks and am now well stocked.  For those of you who like a larger knot, I did receive a couple of 30mm Manchurian Whites in both Fan and Bulb.  As with all my knots, they are very dense and measure just over 32mm as they exit the handle.  I only have a couple and they are not listed on my site.  If you are interested, please PM or email me.
[Image: M4gjPR9.jpg]

Bob

4 337
 Yesterday, 11:45 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I haven't built many stone brush handles recently, so I got started this past weekend and completed the three shown below yesterday.  I have several more to come in the next few days.  These brushes are listed and available on my site athttp://www.eliterazor.com.

Malachite - 26 or 28mm
[Image: EpwqjBF.jpg]

Larimar - 24 or 26mm
[Image: Hml2MxB.jpg]

Bloody Basin Jasper - 24 or 26mm
[Image: VIACTdw.jpg]

Bob

4 337