09-09-2017, 02:06 PM
  • Eskimo
  • Artisan & Custom Shaving Equipment
User Info
I have turned 2 new handles from the Desert Ironwood burl I received a couple of weeks ago and they are shown below.  They are beautiful pieces and I am offering first choice to the members of this forum only.
The handles as shown have only been turned an buffed and no finish has yet been applied.  This process will generally take 7-10 days, dependent upon the ambient humidity.  With Hurricane Irma scheduled to arrive in Atlanta on Monday, I expect it will be closer to the 10 days before they are fully cured and ready to ship.

# 10438 is in the Martin shape and is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.

# 10439 is in the Takamine shape and will only accept a 24mm knot.

Each of these exceptional handles are $125.  If you are interested in putting your name on one, or both, of these pieces, please PM me.

My thanks to everyone here at The Shave Nook for your kind support of my work.

Bob

[Image: H7NrFHW.jpg]

[Image: qPx9kC9.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

4 346
 09-09-2017, 04:33 PM
User Info
Those look extremely nice!

9 132
 09-18-2017, 01:50 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
My thoughts go out to everyone that was impacted by the recent storms.  We only received a glancing blow from Irma and were fortunate to have only lost power for a day.

I have been finishing up some custom orders, but did have a chance to finish a couple of brushes over the weekend.

These brushes are available at http://www.eliterazor.com

Old Growth Poplar - The brush below is shown with a 24mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 26mm knot.  It was built from a piece of Poplar that was reclaimed during the deconstruction of the Acworth Train Depot, which was built in 1840.  This wood is over 175 years old.
[Image: YbZ5rAH.jpg]

24mm Black & White acrylic
[Image: J7rPjfy.jpg]

I just received a shipment of knots.  I have been out of the 26mm bulbs for a couple of weeks and am now well stocked.  For those of you who like a larger knot, I did receive a couple of 30mm Manchurian Whites in both Fan and Bulb.  As with all my knots, they are very dense and measure just over 32mm as they exit the handle.  I only have a couple and they are not listed on my site.  If you are interested, please PM or email me.
[Image: M4gjPR9.jpg]

Bob

4 346
 09-22-2017, 11:45 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I haven't built many stone brush handles recently, so I got started this past weekend and completed the three shown below yesterday.  I have several more to come in the next few days.  These brushes are listed and available on my site athttp://www.eliterazor.com.

Malachite - 26 or 28mm
[Image: EpwqjBF.jpg]

Larimar - 24 or 26mm
[Image: Hml2MxB.jpg]

Bloody Basin Jasper - 24 or 26mm
[Image: VIACTdw.jpg]

Bob

4 346
 09-27-2017, 04:36 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I just completed the finishing on a couple of Gallery Grade Plus Desert Ironwood handles, as shown below.  They are listed and available at http://www.eliterazor.com

Desert Ironwood Burl - 24 - 26mm
[Image: Xmh7R2T.jpg]

Desert Ironwood Burl - 24mm
[Image: LJ5DSK2.jpg]

Also completed is a 26 - 28mm Moonjava handle
[Image: QpgzH1m.jpg]

I was inpired last week to build a few Mach 3 razors.  From left to right: Speckled Amber, Bloody Basin Jasper, Blue/Black Resin, Red/Black Resin and Blue Lapis.
[Image: h4sgCYz.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

4 346
 10-04-2017, 05:54 PM
User Info
Have received from Elite 2 Manchurian Fan knots within the last month.
A 24mm and a 26mm.

At the same time I received a new Shavemac D01 23mm.

All 3 knots pre treated the same way. 3 washes in mild shampoo followed by a gentle hand lathering with cream in room temperature distilled water.

The Elite knots have not  shed a single hair.

The Shavemac?
Shedding like a 15 year old long haired dog.

The Shavemac was almost double the price of the Elite.

Incidentally, the Elite knots have fantastic backbone and are as soft as can be on the skin.

Steve M

0 8
 10-05-2017, 07:47 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
Shown below are just a few of the most recent additions at http://www.eliterazor.com.  I can also be found on Instagram at EliteRazorShaving

Shokwood - Sea Green 26mm
[Image: ?url=i177.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw20...hvfexm.jpg]

Black Ash burl - 24 - 26mm
[Image: ?url=i177.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw20...lhrulh.jpg]

Arizona Jade - 24 - 26mm
[Image: ?url=i177.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw20...iieixn.jpg]

Brown Mallee burl - 24mm
[Image: ?url=i177.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw20...kwferk.jpg]

Bob

4 346
 10-08-2017, 03:43 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
This perfect Halloween brush is a real treat.  The resin was a custom pour and this is a definite "one of a kind"

Orange Swirl - 24mm - Shown with a Manchurian White knot

[Image: 4WG9oYh.jpg]

Bob

4 346
 10-10-2017, 04:23 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
The brush handle shown below was made from a custom resin pour.  The transparent base with bits of glitter give it a very unique presentation.  It is shown with a 26mm Manchurian White knot.  This brush is available on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

[Image: ou7oSzX.jpg]

Bob

4 346
 10-11-2017, 10:06 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
To paraphrase from Forrest Gump, "Resin is like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get."

I wasn't too excited about this block of resin as it sat on my bench, but when I finally got around to turning it, I was astounded at what was inside.  I'm afraid it is impossible to capture the depth of this piece in a picture.  This one's a beauty.

This brush has been listed and is available at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Fire and Ice - 24mm

[Image: v2Eff4J.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking

Bob

4 346
 10-11-2017, 08:29 PM
User Info
Bob, that is mesmerizing...

Sisi

9 1,407
 10-14-2017, 07:26 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
In addition to custom shaving equipment, I also make the occasional pen.  This is a collection of stone pens I have just completed and are available on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.  From left to right, they are made of Blue Lapis, Black Onyx, Bloody Basin Jasper and Copper Laced Onyx.

The fittings are either Titanium Gold or Platinum.

[Image: c1Qqiky.jpg]

Bob

4 346
 10-14-2017, 11:28 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I recently acquired a nice selection of blocks that are a combination of wood and contrasting resins.  They go by the name of Shokwood.  They are commercially available in a size that will only allow 24mm knots or 26mm in some handle styles.  I have just completed the finishing on the group of 10 blocks I acquired and they are shown below.  I will be taking individual pictures and listing them on my site over the next couple of days.

I do have the opportunity to custom order these blanks in larger sizes to accommodate the larger knots and full range of handle styles.

As you can see from the pictures below, the color combinations are pretty extensive, including both transparent and opaque resins.

I would truly appreciate it if you could reply to this thread and let me know your favorite one or two color combinations and if there is an interest in the larger sizes.  It will help me with my next order. 

[Image: 3qpjZiA.jpg]

[Image: aKVeC6V.jpg]

Bob

4 346
 10-14-2017, 12:29 PM
User Info
I really like that Blue Ocean.  Beautiful work as always.

17 1,408
 Yesterday, 12:20 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
(10-14-2017, 07:27 PM)Bob Quinn Wrote: Wrote:I recently acquired a nice selection of blocks that are a combination of wood and contrasting resins.  They go by the name of Shokwood.  They are commercially available in a size that will only allow 24mm knots or 26mm in some handle styles.  I have just completed the finishing on the group of 10 blocks I acquired and they are shown below.  I will be taking individual pictures and listing them on my site over the next couple of days.

I do have the opportunity to custom order these blanks in larger sizes to accommodate the larger knots and full range of handle styles.

As you can see from the pictures below, the color combinations are pretty extensive, including both transparent and opaque resins.

I would truly appreciate it if you could reply to this thread and let me know your favorite one or two color combinations and if there is an interest in the larger sizes.  It will help me with my next order. 

[Image: 3qpjZiA.jpg]

[Image: aKVeC6V.jpg]

Bob

All the Shokwood brushes have been listed on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com and are available.

Thanks,  Bob

4 346