08-16-2018, 03:22 PM
  • Eskimo
  • Artisan & Custom Shaving Equipment
User Info
I had the chance to finish a new brush between working on custom orders.  It is a modified Takamine shape with a more rounded base.  It has just been listed and is available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Black and Copper (24 - 26mm)
[Image: rJCToeU.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

4 416
 08-17-2018, 08:50 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
It occurred to me that when turning a brush handle, I don't give much thought to the knot other than the size.  As I looked at my inventory of brush handles, it seemed most had rounded or curved segments that seemed more conducive to fitting a bulb shaped knot.  So, I took a shot at building a handle whose shape more properly reflected a fan shaped knot.  Below is the result.

Let me know your thoughts.

Green and Gold (24 - 26mm)
[Image: 4zPRMKF.jpg]

Bob

4 416
 08-17-2018, 05:39 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(08-17-2018, 08:50 AM)Eskimo Wrote: It occurred to me that when turning a brush handle, I don't give much thought to the knot other than the size.  As I looked at my inventory of brush handles, it seemed most had rounded or curved segments that seemed more conducive to fitting a bulb shaped knot.  So, I took a shot at building a handle whose shape more properly reflected a fan shaped knot.  Below is the result.

Bob

The squared shoulders lend a particular sense of feng shui-like symmetry to the silhouette of the knot’s canopy. Visually, to me that modification is somewhat reminiscent of the design difference between Martin slope shoulder and square shoulder dreadnaught.

8 2,859
 Yesterday, 12:57 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
What happens when there is only a little resin left in the cup after a pour?  After 8 pours, something like this.

Multi-Stripe (24 - 26mm)
[Image: d9YBtom.jpg]

Bob

4 416
 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
User Info
Cool..... Thumbsup 
Waste not.....want not... Angel

0 516
 8 hours ago
  • Eskimo
User Info
I got a couple new stone brushes completed today and they are now listed and available at www.eliterazor.com

I expect to have a few more stone brushes finished this week, so stay tuned.

Malachite (24 - 26mm)
[Image: DPbd0Kb.jpg]

Larimar (26mm)
[Image: N42BD9p.jpg]

Bob

4 416
 6 hours ago
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(08-17-2018, 08:50 AM)Eskimo Wrote: It occurred to me that when turning a brush handle, I don't give much thought to the knot other than the size.  As I looked at my inventory of brush handles, it seemed most had rounded or curved segments that seemed more conducive to fitting a bulb shaped knot.  So, I took a shot at building a handle whose shape more properly reflected a fan shaped knot.  Below is the result.

Bob

Bob, I’ve gone back to look at this brush several times. I’m a fan fan (if you will), and this shape/form factor of the handle seems to truly respect the shape of a fan knot. As a proud owner of two of your fan knots in stone, I appreciate your attention to this kind of detail. I’ll always remain a fan of your fans (if you will).

10 532